Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

specops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Can anybody confirm if the VPN settings has changed? i think they have but im not sure...

If they have can anybody then confirm if the VPN will be able to work with most campus VPN security now? i go to Penn State

specops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
k... thanks for the reply but that didn't really help lol. Cän anybody help¿?

timmmmyboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
You need to find out what VPN protocol your campus uses. The one I work at uses PPTP so I can use it with my iPhone. The iPhone currently supports L2TP and PPTP, no IPSec.

Looking at the settings I do notice the option for an "RSA SecurID" that was not there before (I don't think).

specops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
after trying the settings L2TP and putting down all the info but the "secret" option i hit connect and the message pops up and says "The IPSec Shared Secret is missing. Please verify your settings and try again."

does that mean that the iPhone now supports some form of IPSec???

mgamiet

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Resolved: "The IPSec Shared Secret is missing"

I just resolved this issue.

I manage the VPN at work and was trying to connect via ipad then I got the message
"The IPSec Shared Secret is missing. Please verify your settings and try again."

If your environment is a Microsoft VPN (Routing and Remote Access) or using PPTP...

The solution is:
1. Delete existing VPN that didn't work.
2. Create new VPN and do NOT add anything on the L2TP tab.
3. Click on the PPTP Tab and enter the information here - your need description, server, account - I leave passwrod to Ask Every time.
4. All other settings - leave the defaults.

This worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.