Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 28, 2007, 02:09 PM   #1
dfnj123
macrumors 6502

Can I buy on one computer and download with on another?

I go to boarding school (which I am at right now) and I would like to dl a song off iTunes but the account information is my parents. Is there a way for my parents to buy the song on there computer and have me download it on another one over long distances?
dfnj123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 02:11 PM   #2
bartelby
macrumors Core

They could send you gift cards.
bartelby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 02:14 PM   #3
dfnj123
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
They could send you gift cards.
don't you need a account to use the gift cards. All of my purchased songs are done with my parents account (aka I'm not getting the password)
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:23 PM   #4
Shotgun Pete
macrumors regular

downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:34 PM   #5
dfnj123
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Pete View Post
downloads arent billed to a computer, they are billed to a credit card, therefore as long as you knew your parent's account and password you can download all the songs you want and it will automaticaly bill them.
but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 07:44 AM   #6
admanimal
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfnj123 View Post
but I don't have my parents password and for obvious reasons they are not telling me what it is. There fine buying it on their computer for now but how would I get it to my computer then.
Have they already authorized your computer to play songs purchased with their account? If they haven't, they have to give you their password anyway.
admanimal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod