Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1
mr69
macrumors newbie

Wave or AIFF without dropouts on Classic ?

I'm about to purchase the Classic 80gb & I'm wondering if anyone has tested playback of long uncompressed Wave or AIFF file yet ? The reason I ask, is I'm upgrading from a vintage gen1 5gb iPod & due to the limited buffer size, it always pauses for a second once it gets around 2:22 into the song . I remember reading that the later versions of the Video iPods used a 64mb buffer & that helped . Can someone here please test a long Wave or AIFF file for me & post your results here ? Try a 6 minute or longer song . I've done the usual searches on Apple's site & Google for specs on the buffer, but no luck . TIA. Much appreciated.
mr69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod