Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:23 PM   #1
MacGuy47
macrumors newbie

iTunes won't let me edit id3 tags?

Here's the long and short of it... when I had itunes 7.4.1, I could add .mov files to itunes (previously converted from divx files) and then edit the artwork for them. Problem was that for some reason itunes was making my G5 tower freeze and I'd have to force quite the computer to get back up and running in the nieghborhood of 5 times a day... that was a pain, so I went back to 7.2 and now I can't change the artwork and the movies I had changed in the earlier version, went back to not having artwork either... I know I can change the files to Mp4 files in quicktime, but that's too much of a time pig for me. any suggestions? Jeff
MacGuy47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 08:58 AM   #2
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

I think when Apple does updates for iTunes, it'll go through your library and make updates to the files, which results in them not working (by not working I mean like editing the tags, not making them unusable) with older versions of iTunes, though I thought this was only for files you got from iTMS. I'm no expert though and don't purchase from iTMS so can't test this.

Off hand this is all I can think of except that it may be tied to another 3rd party program interfering with something.
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store