Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willyu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
My order from Apple just shipped today and I am crashed to see that it's a week 37 (1A737) from the problematic 1A line... I have waited until 20th to order, thinking that they won't ship out anymore of the 37s

Now I can't decide if I should just return that one straight to Apple when it arrives and go out and get a week 38 from store now, or wait and see if this week 37 has good screen.

Is there a distinctive way to identify a good 37 without opening it? like perhaps box with macy grey but 37? If I open and check it, that would be a restocking fee right there...

sigh...:(

pantalaimon

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2005
erm the screen issue has been fixed with the latest software update, just plug it in and update and the screen should be fine. ;)

willyu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
erm the screen issue has been fixed with the latest software update, just plug it in and update and the screen should be fine. ;)

I thought there is still mixed report on that? some said there is a difference and some others says the update does nothing.

Good strategy for Apple to NOT tell people what they updated so you can keep on guessing if it's fixed or not...

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
my 2nd touch was a week 37 with Macey Gray on the box and the screen was perfect right out of the box

pantalaimon

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2005
I thought there is still mixed report on that? some said there is a difference and some others says the update does nothing.

Good strategy for Apple to NOT tell people what they updated so you can keep on guessing if it's fixed or not...

my bad week 37 touch was updated and is perfect now, i'm guessing most week 37's have been fixed with the update apart from a few unlucky people.

willyu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
thanks to everyone who replied me! :D

I think i'll take everyone's advice and keep it for now. Seems like everyone is fine after the update.

after all, if there is problem arise, I can still deal with apple then. (knock on week and cross my fingers)

thanks again to everyone.

PS. anyone have good suggestion on how to check for dead pixels?

Dimitryi

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Mine was also a Week 37 with Macy Gray on the box and the screen was fine before the 1.1.1 update (and is still fine after it).

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
I duno

I don't know, never had to dealt with a faulty product with Apple yet (lucky me!)

are you sure? :D
I dunno about america, but in Ireland :)rolleyes:Beware, here comes some law) under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 if the itwm is fault you are entitled to

1 A replacement
2 A repair
3 A refund
4 A credit note. It's your choice which you want, i presume there is a similar law wherever you live

tha80sbrat

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
I have a week 37 with Macy Gray on the box and updated it with the latest firmware...is the screen suppose to produce really dark blacks? I can see the Jay-Z cover fine, but it's a little dark. Is that normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.