Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hi,
I just bought a new iPod Nano.
I put a video of The Office that I actually didn't download from the iTunes Store but which works perfectly on iTunes.
However, I'm encounting some problem when watching it on my iPod. The video keeps shutting down after 20sec or so.
Can it be a kind of security Apple built to only allow iTunes content to be viewed ?
Thanks for your help.

Greets.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
What format is it in? It might be a format that the iPod can't play. If it isn't MPEG-4 or H.264, highlight the video, and from iTunes' 'Advanced' menu, and select 'Convert for iPod'. That should make it work.

jeremie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hi.
Thank you for the response.
I checked it but it's well in MPEG-4.
On the computer everything's fine but once I try to watch it on the iPod it just stops after a while and go back to the video's menu.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Could be a problem with your Nano - my Wife's got a Nano and I've got a classic and they both play video ripped from DVD with no problem at all. When it stops, does it give any errors? Have you tried copying it across again - it could be that only part of the file copied across so when its stopping it's because that's all the video on the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.