Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Hi! I did this render of a future Ford Focus in Photoshop. Only the wheels and background are copy/paste.

Picture44.png

Picture40.png

based on this sketch:
Picture24.png

I hope you like!

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
That looks awesome. Well done.

On a side note, I hate the Ford logo. I think it's about time they modernized it / revamped it / changed it completely.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
well they're the same color...I guess.

front grill, styling of lights, rear lights, side window arch, metal stripe on window. If you smooth out the astra's arches you get a very similar look.

And after looking again at it this morning it looks even more like the vw iroc and the next audi a3

iroc.jpg

AUDI_A3_v_2009.jpg

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
I think all hatchbacks are starting to look the same. I think it all started with the relaunch of the new mini-- now everyone is squaring them up a little more and the roundedness is going away.

Romulus

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
I hope you work for Ford - they would be lucky to have designers like you - I really like it... Sometime ago I used to drive a Ford, but mechanically it gave way too many problems so now - I'm in a BMW...

I've always been in the compact tuner, so if Ford makes anything close to your sketch, I'm in - especially if they give me any of the WRC mechanics as an option... You should pass it to Ford...

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
I hope you work for Ford - they would be lucky to have designers like you - I really like it... Sometime ago I used to drive a Ford, but mechanically it gave way too many problems so now - I'm in a BMW...

I've always been in the compact tuner, so if Ford makes anything close to your sketch, I'm in - especially if they give me any of the WRC mechanics as an option... You should pass it to Ford...

sorry I don't work for Ford, I'm only 19 and I do this as a hobby.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Your render looks really good.

I've no doubt you'd do a million times better than whoever came up with these monstrosities:

ssong-yang_rodius-L.jpg

f13_16_multipla1.jpg

At least the mutipla gets six people in comfotably with luggage and gets them from A -> B.

My observations on the rendering are:

[1] It looks too much like a sports car.
[2] It looks like theirs bugger all room for rear passengers.
[3] Or for putting anything in the boot.
[4] How would a 4 door version work?

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
At least the mutipla gets six people in comfotably with luggage and gets them from A -> B.

So does a herd of camels.

I'm talking about the design of the vehicle, not its comfort or practicality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.