Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kclives

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
All in the title, they look pretty good designs, and I've used them before for my old iPods.

Anyone on here ordered any yet?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
All in the title, they look pretty good designs, and I've used them before for my old iPods.

I haven't received my itouch yet but these look amazing! the designs are so cool and they even come with the wallpaper for your start screen. at least i think they do...they gave them with the iphone skins...

r!ggaman

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2006
Houston
Those are sweet! Im wondering if the skin for the front is like see through cause by the looks of it you have a front and a back but wouldnt that get in the way of the the screen and be a real distraction? But the back part is what im interested in and for 7 bucks, hell you cant beat that.

Kyro

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Just ordered one! Got the absolute power one, I would like to see anyone's who has one.

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I don't get it. It doesn't look like it covers the back very well. And I'd like to see an actual picture of the front. But otherwise I really like the designs

keirnna

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2006
Japan
It looks like this thing covers the screen with the design. Why would you ever want to do that?

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
it looks like you can make your own designs and they can print them for you. I didn't find any info if it costs extra. The only problem is they haven't made the template for the touch available yet. None of the designs interest me a whole lot but I wouldn't mind a tattoo sleeve style design.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Seriously, some of these are just…

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,8273.htm

wow.

But keep in mind that they are not curved decals. They are two flat stickers, one goes on the back, one on the front, they don't cover the sides at all. So depending on your design it may just look like you've got stickers on it (which at the end of the day, you have :p)

I'd love to see how it turns out if somebody does it to their touch.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
i doubt those are as cool as they seem. Also, someone mentioned that it looks like it doesnt protect the back very well.. I def. got that impression as well. Who wants to take one for the team and see what the find out :-D

Arisian

CFD703SPC

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
Carlstadt, NJ, USA

I've ordered two skins for my 1st Gen iPhone and was very pleased with the quality of the product. They hold up well and suggest them to others. I'm thinking of trying out http://www.uniqueskins.com to upload my own artwork for a custom skin, anyone try these guys out?? I'm actually going to order a DecalGirl skin today for my 1st Gen iTouch as well, I suggest anyone with a new, mirror backed device to use these skins as my iTouch has gotten rather scratched and had I applied one of these skins, it would have kept it looking brand new.

Shawn

linkycat

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2008
Though I can't speak for the iPod Touch, I ordered many skins from Decal Girl for my Nintendo DS and PSP about a year ago.

The skins stretch easily if you aren't careful in application, that is my only caveat. Otherwise, they do look pretty nice as far as customization goes. I mean, they still look like a vinyl skin on your device... but it's a cool way to make something your own!

Also notable - though they come off easily when you want them to, once one has been removed it is unusable again (stretches out of proportion).

jmann

macrumors 604
They are made from the same vinyl decals that car advertisements are made from. They are high quality.

Photo101.jpg

Photo102.jpg

edit: these are actually from uniqueskins.com, but they are the same thing. And it was only 6.99

jda1977

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2004
So is the glass portions clear and protected. The pictures show a design overlay on the screen? The pictures here show either a clear plastic or no protection except the borders?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I really don't like that the decal does not wrap around the edges. Also there is a lot of designs but none that really stand out. Most are bland and the rest seem to be over done. I liked "Chill" before I noticed the water droplets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.