Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mezzeta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
After many years swearing that PC was the only way to go I finally got sick of the MS bull and bought a super Macbook Pro. Except for some weird and silly stuff and the fact that the Mac Quicken sucks and there is no Quickbooks pro so far so good.
My questions:
1. On my PC I have thousands of purchased songs from Itunes for my Ipod. I want to transfer them all to my Macbook Pro. I thought that just by plugging in my Ipod would do the trick but I am getting messages that make me nervous. Can anyone give me step by step to do this? Apple sure doesn't.
2. What is the best, easiest and fastest external back-up system?
Thanks.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
After many years swearing that PC was the only way to go I finally got sick of the MS bull and bought a super Macbook Pro.

Congratulations and welcome.

1. On my PC I have thousands of purchased songs from Itunes for my Ipod. I want to transfer them all to my Macbook Pro. I thought that just by plugging in my Ipod would do the trick but I am getting messages that make me nervous. Can anyone give me step by step to do this? Apple sure doesn't.

Maybe this article helps. Or try Senuti.

By the way, don't forget to de-authorize your old machine before you format/sell it.

2. What is the best, easiest and fastest external back-up system?

I personally like Deja Vu very much. It's great and you can use the demo for around 30 backups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.