Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I have never used Outlook for my contacts but I think it would be a good idea to back up the iPhone contacts in Outlook...

I would like to know if there is a way to transfer the contacts from the iPhone to outlook without it deleting all my contacts as there are NONE in outlook right now.

I know there is a setting in itunes for saving iPhone contacts created on it in Outlook but it is always greyed out!

Any help would be great! thanks!

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I thought by default that it's a two-way update? Meaning if there's contacts on the iPhone that's not in Outlook, it'll automatically copy them over. (Although it does ask for confirmation if there's greater than a 5 or 10% difference, I think.) It's not a one-way sync.

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
Actually quite simple. If you have Outlook loaded on the computer, make sure that you enter a unique contact in Outlook, one that does not exist on the phone. After plugging in the phone, check the box in iTunes to sync the contacts and you will get a prompt asking if you want to merge the contacts. You say yes, and they will all sync.

Dallious

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
you can also install icloud control panel and click contacts box and it will put contacts into outlook, this is the easiest way i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.