Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 2, 2007, 04:25 AM   #1
ste0x
macrumors newbie

iMac G5 screen spanning

Hi.

I was just wondering if the iMac G5's (the late 2005 models, last ones without isight i think) can support using a VGA/DVI monitor as a proper spanned second display with something like screen spanning doctor that works on the old iBooks, rather than just mirroring whatever is on the iMac display.
ste0x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:01 PM   #2
vga4life
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste0x View Post
Hi.

I was just wondering if the iMac G5's (the late 2005 models, last ones without isight i think) can support using a VGA/DVI monitor as a proper spanned second display with something like screen spanning doctor that works on the old iBooks, rather than just mirroring whatever is on the iMac display.
Works like a champ. In fact, it's the same patch as the old iBooks - Screen Spanning Doctor, FTW.
vga4life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Luap
macrumors 6502a

I used this on my Rev a G5 iMac. Works so well that you have to wonder why Apple didnt do it themselves.. Actually, I could answer that, but I cant be bothered.
Luap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Dave00
macrumors 6502a

Anyone have a bad experience doing this on an iMac G5 (the ones before the iSight)? I'd been told it could hurt the mother board - which is an issue because I've already had one go bad. But, I'd really like a second monitor to use both with my iMac and my macBook, I do a lot of photo retouching.

Dave
Dave00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs