Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel.ord

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hi,

I didn't preorder the Touch from Apple for several reasons, mostly because I've had trouble with the lack of Apple Stores here before (Denmark). I've preordered from a premium reseller.

And there ain't none here. Been digging and everyone is starting to say 2 weeks - even for preorders. I called Apple and they said 2 weeks if you purchase online and NOVEMBER for stores! WTF?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

(Registered just to ask, been lurking for ages - annoying me that much - I know it's just an iPod, but come on... Apple, ffs!)

P.S. Assuming it's ok to start a new thread, nothing about it as far as I could see yet.

Butthead2007

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
**** this post!
Ain’t it a shame that you can’t say ****, ****’s just a word and it’s all ****ed up.

dr4cula

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
In here, Estonia, we don't even have an official Apple store, so I pre-ordered my iPod Touch from a reseller also. They told me that they will receive them in the second half of October. My friend was waiting for his iMac to arrive for quite some time also ... I guess the Apple shipments are just slow at the moment.

mssm

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
Hi,

I didn't preorder the Touch from Apple for several reasons, mostly because I've had trouble with the lack of Apple Stores here before (Denmark). I've preordered from a premium reseller.

And there ain't none here. Been digging and everyone is starting to say 2 weeks - even for preorders. I called Apple and they said 2 weeks if you purchase online and NOVEMBER for stores! WTF?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

(Registered just to ask, been lurking for ages - annoying me that much - I know it's just an iPod, but come on... Apple, ffs!)

P.S. Assuming it's ok to start a new thread, nothing about it as far as I could see yet.

Why don't try apple online store? It says it will be ready for shipping with 7-10 business days.

daniel.ord

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Why don't try apple online store? It says it will be ready for shipping with 7-10 business days.

In case I need to return it, it needs repairs etc.. It's easier when you get it in an actual shop :) The track record of the touch hasn't been that good so far. It just really annoys me that nobody knows what the deal is. Are they really delayed, or will they be in shop this week? Who knows...

TheMechanic

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2007
Berlin
As far as I know Apple didn't announce a certain release date. The only thing they said - well, Steve Jobs said - was that they would start shipping the iPt in September. And they did that.

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland
They've been getting the Touch for sale at the Apple Store here in Glasgow (Yehhh!)

Played around with one today and I asked to buy one (Woho!)

Only problem is they are are sold out (Noooooooo!)

mssm

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
In case I need to return it, it needs repairs etc.. It's easier when you get it in an actual shop :) The track record of the touch hasn't been that good so far. It just really annoys me that nobody knows what the deal is. Are they really delayed, or will they be in shop this week? Who knows...

If you are not satisfied, you return it within 14 calendar days of your purchase following this :

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/help/dk/consumer/returns.html

For repair, if you do not void your warrnaty and your ipod is within warranty period, you can take it to any apple store in your locality even if you purchase it online.

I talked to a guy from an Apple store in Helsinki. He said that all new ipod colletions might reach as late as 4ht week of October. However, people ordering online, are reporting in this forum that they are going to get it within few days from now. Keep an eye on this forum :

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/356835/

daniel.ord

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
If you are not satisfied, you return it within 14 calendar days of your purchase following this :

http://promo.euro.apple.com/promo/help/dk/consumer/returns.html

For repair, if you do not void your warrnaty and your ipod is within warranty period, you can take it to any apple store in your locality even if you purchase it online.

I talked to a guy from an Apple store in Helsinki. He said that all new ipod colletions might reach as late as 4ht week of October. However, people ordering online, are reporting in this forum that they are going to get it within few days from now. Keep an eye on this forum :

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/356835/

Thanks mate, but there are no Apple Stores in Denmark, kinda the point ;) And the returning is a hassle via mail.

But I suppose we will just have to wait and see- it's just wierd no shops outside the UK have them (in the EU).

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
France here. Pre-ordered my IPT Monday 24th, with a planned delivery on October 3rd.
Now, the AppleStore says:
Shipped to... LE CRES, FR... 29 Sep 2007
Estimated Delivery Date... 11 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)
Current Delivery Status... In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule... 01 Oct 2007

Which is pretty obscure :confused:

It does have an assigned carrier (TNT) and a tracking number. I am going to check this one...

Pretty funny... here is what I got, IF the thing was really shipped:
02 oct. 2007 23:32 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
01 oct. 2007 16:44 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
01 oct. 2007 16:06 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

daniel.ord

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
France here.

[...]

Pretty funny... here is what I got, IF the thing was really shipped:

I've heard a few Online Apple Store orders (from Denmark) were in Arnhem yesterday (2. okt.) as well, so maybe preorders from Apple are on track.

Still no word on what's up with shops and preorders from premium resellers. I'll probably give them a bell later today, just to keep hassling them.

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
Moving closer!

My IPT sat still at Arnhem a full day, then moved (stealthily) during the night:

04 oct. 2007 07:04 Marseille Import Received
04 oct. 2007 00:57 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

Marseille is 200km away, so possibly it will be delivered today :D

Dijo John

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
My IPT sat still at Arnhem a full day, then moved (stealthily) during the night:

04 oct. 2007 07:04 Marseille Import Received
04 oct. 2007 00:57 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

Marseille is 200km away, so possibly it will be delivered today :D

I don't understand..mine (germany) shipped from "the originating depot" hours before your's did, but still there's no update.

Status has remained like this for days:

01 Oct 2007 13:16 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
30 Sep 2007 21:03 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks mate, but there are no Apple Stores in Denmark, kinda the point ;) And the returning is a hassle via mail.

Returning by mail is easier then going to the shop to do it, all you have to do is phone apple and arrange a collection for repair, they will send a currier to collect it from your address and it will be delivered back to your address once it’s fixed….. seems simple to me anyway,

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
I don't understand..mine (germany) shipped from "the originating depot" hours before your's did, but still there's no update.
Bad luck :(
I have no idea of course. Both units should have followed the same path to Europe, unless the plane carrying yours was caught into some distortion of the continuum :eek:

Btw, my IPT just was delivered to my desk, while I was away for the noon meal...

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I have no idea of course. Both units should have followed the same path to Europe, unless the plane carrying yours was caught into some distortion of the continuum :eek:

Btw, my IPT just was delivered to my desk, while I was away for the noon meal...

i like this....cargo travels STEALTHILY but might be attacked by distortion fields. and you've already caused a storm and been told to calm down in another thread. excellent! i like you!

Remixen

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
Norway, Ålesund
Yes, there are some problems back in china now. Mostly because of the holidays over there and some of the reason is that a lot! of ipod touches went back for an repair before they even hit the stores in europe. (Inside information;p)

I am from Norway and ordered on the 6. of sep. and i will have it in my store in about two weeks.

Dijo John

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007

I called TNT Germany and they said my package is now in Arnheim and it will be delivered tomorrow or latest by Monday.
But they can't say why the online status is not being updated.:eek:

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
Status has remained like this for days:

I get the same thing (I'm in Spain):

30 Sep 2007 19:38 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point

Dijo John said:
I called TNT Germany and they said my package is now in Arnheim and it will be delivered tomorrow or latest by Monday.
But they can't say why the online status is not being updated.

Hum... I might call them too :D

Dijo John

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
05 Oct 2007 07:09 Cologne Out For Delivery
05 Oct 2007 06:01 Cologne Import Received
05 Oct 2007 01:10 Liege Euro Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
04 Oct 2007 17:31 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

I got mine right now.. extremely thrilled!! :D:D

nukiduz

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
I got this from TNT but my ipod hasn't arrived home although I live very near Vitoria (1h by car).

05 oct 2007 11:40 Out For Delivery
05 oct 2007 09:48 Vitoria Consignment In Warehouse
05 oct 2007 09:07 Vitoria Import Received

Do you know if TNT work on saturdays?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.