Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
May 30, 2007
If I may? I'm looking for some recommendations for a new pair of inner ear's. I normally use a pair of Sennheiser PX200's. Lately though, I've been thinking that I might give the inner ears a try again. I've always stayed away from them because I have very sensitive ears. Every pair I've tried on has never quite fit right. Price isn't an issue I just want them to feel comfortable.

I'm running back through the search engine as I type this to get a look at the past suggestions. I'm curious about today: people's taste's change, new deals are found and sometimes you just want something new.

What kind inner ears are you using with your iPhone?

M3Racer

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
What kind inner ears are you using with your iPhone?

I recommend you check you Shure's line of earphones. I have been using them for years. They have great sound. I'm actually going to order the Audio Technica ATH-CK1. It looks like it's headphones jack is going to fit the iPhone. Audio-Technica rarely disappoints, and the CK1 should continue this tradition.

crtowles

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Los Angeles, California, USA
Ultimate Buds

Have you looked into the ultimate buds. I have both the Etymotic E6i and the Future Sonics FS1's. The both sound really good. However, the FS 1's are my favorite. Nice bass that you can actually feel... Plus both of them have been fitted on the iphone cords with the mic's. Check out the reviews on both of them.

http://www.ultimatebuds.com/products.php

Good Luck!

Carmen

BikeSDP

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2006
Longmont, CO
Have you looked into the ultimate buds. I have both the Etymotic E6i and the Future Sonics FS1's.

I got my 6i's back from ultimatebuds today. They did a real nice job. The only thing is, it is a little weird talking on the phone with these in as you really can't hear your self talk (if you catch my drift). Is it pretty much the same w/ the FS1's in that they are a noise isolation style that has to be fitted deeply?

I kind of wish my $35 Sony MDR-EX71's could be grafted to the Apple headset as they seem to work best for my needs.

I also pre-ordered a set of the new V-Modas and should have those Friday.

crtowles

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Yes the FS 1's are to be inserted deeply. However, I only use the one on the right with the mic and take the other one out of my left ear when I am talking Plus I don't put it all the way in when I am talking. I just have it in enough so it won't fall out. I had the V Moda duo's; they are Ok but the FS1's and the E6i's are way better. I returned the V moda's.

C

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I have a chronic problem finding earbuds that will stay in my ears. This may not be a question anybody can answer but perhaps somebody else has a similar experience:

which one of the ultimatebuds is more adaptable and more likely to stay put? It looks like the ER6i would go deeper and therefore be more secure, but is there a big difference between the two? I like the future sonics' design better...

Thanks

crtowles

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
which one of the ultimate buds is more adaptable and more likely to stay put? It looks like the ER6i would go deeper and therefore be more secure, but is there a big difference between the two? I like the future sonics' design better...

Thanks

They both are pretty comfortable and stay put. But to me the FS 1's are the most comfortable. They both go deep into the ear. Remember you can change the ear pieces for a better fit.

The ER6is sound great but the FS1's sound better to me..the bass is incredible...

~C

M3Racer

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
I kind of wish my $35 Sony MDR-EX71's could be grafted to the Apple headset as they seem to work best for my needs.

I owned 2 sets of EX71 before, and they worked perfectly well! I want to get the new EX91. However, I'm not sure the jack will work on the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.