Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:40 AM   #1
elitypes
macrumors newbie

ipod touch music keeps stopping?

Hi Guys,

I am having some music playback issues on my touch which seemed to start after the 1.1.1 update. I typically set my music to shuffle through all my songs. It seems that after updating, my music playback will occassionally just stop. When I check my ipod I will have noticed that my playlist is stopped and it will return to the home screen. At first I didn't pay much attention to this and thought it to be a random bug/error. However this seems to be happening much more frequently. This also happens when just browsing through my music/songs as well. During my morning cummute today, my ipod would not even play 3 songs contiuously before stopping and going to the home screen.

I never had any issues with this before the firmware update. Has anyone else been having similar issues? Do you guys think this is a hardware issue and that I should go in for an exchange? (this is already my 2nd touch as I returned one due to the negative black issue) Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
elitypes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:14 AM   #2
sxc
macrumors newbie

Yes I get this problem, and seems to be commonly reported, so I hope a firmware update will fix it. I find that turning the ipod off will alleviate the problem. Turning off means holding down the standby and sliding the off switch on the screen. Then turn it back on....it will then playback more consistently.

I suspect that leaving the ipod on after doing lots of operations overloads the memory and you need to reboot it to get a fresh start.
sxc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch