Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 5, 2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Mhaddy
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to Mhaddy Send a message via MSN to Mhaddy
Playlists not shuffling?

Got my touch yesterday but just starting using it today and thus far, it's awesome. My only gripe so far is that it appears unless you click on the Shuffle button at the top of the playlist, the playlist won't shuffle. For example, if I scroll down to X song, it'll start playing songs sequentially, not shuffling from that song. Is there any way to make it shuffle from a particular song (like all last gen Ipods)?

Please forgive me if I've missed something, I haven't had a lot of time to fool around with it. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Antimatter
macrumors regular

Tap once on the Album art and then click the shuffle icon in the right hand corner.
Antimatter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:38 AM   #3
criticalmiracle
macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem... I have alot of podcasts on a Smart Playlist, and whenever I go to shuffle (whether from the playlist or the Album Art/Cover Flow screens), it will only play the one song (1 of 1).

Through random fiddling and back-and-forthing I've managed to get it to shuffle the entire playlist a couple of times, but can't reliably replicate it. Do I really have to tell each track to "Skip While Shuffling : NO"? What a pita.

Any ideas?
criticalmiracle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 09:20 AM   #4
TDCat
macrumors newbie

Quote:
if I scroll down to X song, it'll start playing songs sequentially, not shuffling from that song. Is there any way to make it shuffle from a particular song (like all last gen Ipods)?
Did you find a solution to this? It's driving me insane!

If you CHOOSE a song while playing in Song Shuffle mode, it assumes you want to continue playing in order. If you CHOOSE a song through the album interface it assumes you just want to play the rest of the album.

I DON'T!!! I just want it to shuffle everything all the time but just might select some songs manually along the way.

The blue icon in the timebar does enable shuffle mode but only for that album. There must be a way.

Torsten.
TDCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Vigilante
macrumors 6502a

If I come across an album while in shuffle mode and notice I want to listen to a song nearby, I just turn off shuffle and hit next until I come up to the song. Then I put on shuffle again, and it continues to do a complete shuffle until it happens again. It took a while to get used to.
Vigilante is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 09:59 AM   #6
TDCat
macrumors newbie

It's crazy. Shuffle mode should be on or off. What you pick manually should have no bearing on anything!

This must be a mistake. Did this work on all previous Ipod's? I've never owned one before.
TDCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Vigilante
macrumors 6502a

My old mp3 player had a completely different system for songs, one which was a little easier (it was how you described it, with one big playlist). It just takes some time to get used to, I guess. Give it a few months and you won't even notice it!
Vigilante is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch