Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuck88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Hi,

I am trying to unlock my Iphone 8gb refurb for use in the UK... I've followed all the instructions on http://www.hacktheiphone.com and everythin went smoothly upto this point... now I have launched Ibrickr, and when i click free my iphone... I am getting the same message over and over:

Download the iPhone firmware
Looks like you need to download the iPhone firmware. Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in, and hit the Restore button. Once the download starts, unplug your iPhone. When the download finishes, click away the error message in iTunes, and close iTunes. Plug your iPhone back in, and click Check again.

I have restored the firmware to 1.0.2 twice now - can anyone give me any advice please? or maybe a link for different software to unlock the phone, as this does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks

LCaller

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
Hi,

I am trying to unlock my Iphone 8gb refurb for use in the UK... I've followed all the instructions on http://www.hacktheiphone.com and everythin went smoothly upto this point... now I have launched Ibrickr, and when i click free my iphone... I am getting the same message over and over:

Download the iPhone firmware
Looks like you need to download the iPhone firmware. Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in, and hit the Restore button. Once the download starts, unplug your iPhone. When the download finishes, click away the error message in iTunes, and close iTunes. Plug your iPhone back in, and click Check again.

I have restored the firmware to 1.0.2 twice now - can anyone give me any advice please? or maybe a link for different software to unlock the phone, as this does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks

Simply don't use iBrickr. Are you on a windows or Mac ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.