Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dirt farmer

Suspended
Feb 23, 2005
I use Unarchiver as my default file opener. It's awesome! And while it can handle .sit files, it cannot open .sitx files. :( Is there anything besides Stuffit that can open .sitx files?

Thanks

philipmcknn7

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
problemwith WMP download

i used the stuffit delux to download windows media player for mac, and have not been able to use the wireless connection to the internet ever since; i am in vietnam, and not my home turf, so i have little in the way of info to help. any suggestions?

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
i used the stuffit delux to download windows media player for mac, and have not been able to use the wireless connection to the internet ever since; i am in vietnam, and not my home turf, so i have little in the way of info to help. ...
No, you did not download Windows Media Player using Stuffit Deluxe. You downloaded using a browser or an FTP client. I assume that you used Stuffit Deluxe to decompress your downloaded archive.

FWIW, WMP is no longer supported or available from Microsoft. Microsoft officially recommends the Flip4Mac QuickTime codec to handle Windows Media on the Mac.

As for your inability to download, the fact that you are on a wireless connection should have nothing to do with it. Launch Safari [or your favorite browser] and make sure that it is your default browser. If this is not the problem, then you will have to give more information.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Try Springy it also has the added bonus of showing you whats in the file before you unzip it and I think it allows you to only select part of the file for decompression!

Oh and its free!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.