Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
i saw them yesterday, heres a mini review... IPOD TOUCH IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!* thin, light, the aluminum edges are SHARP! nano is smaller than you would expect, due to its size, its very uncomfortable, and the click wheel is too small*, although screen is good for video playback, the new colors are very nice, and so is the new UI, this is a buy for elementary-middleschoolers, you dont get so much space for videos(8gb max). ipod classic (my personal fave), well size and space is nice, the anodized aluminum didnt feel so good (on any of the ipods except shuffle for sum reason), compare to an aluminum mac, and you will see. the ui wasnt responsive (AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!), but after the update, it shud get better, nothing to say about shuffle

the itunes wifi store is great, works fine, and very snappy

*if you are an ipod nano type of person and love the iphone, and like the ipod ui like the one in the iphone, this is a good buy, just be aware, this ipods screen is for videos, but space is limited. the ipod touch can be used as a pda some way using the web apps made for iphone as they also work on the touch's safari.

*im just a freshman in highschool, and my fingers arent big at all!

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Your review seems to contradict a lot of what everyone else has been saying...

The touch and nano aren't suited for everyone. My music library is ~60GB, so for me both are out of the question. The touch isn't just about an iPod, it's also a castrated internet communicator. You can't base reviews on your own needs.

I have a classic and I found it a little laggy before the update, but now it's quite a bit snappier.

In other words...

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Here's another useless review

I've just unpacked my new 160GB iPod classic.

It is still loading the 18,000 songs from iTunes, this is taking quite a long time.

Even though it's the bulkiest iPod in the new range, it is super slim compared to my 60GB iPod photo. The new display looks good and I like the aluminium case. The box is miniscule compared to the huge package the photo came in. The main reason it is so small is because you no longer get many included accessories with the new iPods, unlike my old iPod photo which had so many extras it took about 2 days to unpack. I also realise this helps to keep the price down.

I still have no idea how quick or slow the classic is, or if it sounds any good because there are still 15,000 songs to upload. I have also loaded the latest update so I won't know if it any more responsive having not tried the old version.

Hope this helps :D

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
nano is smaller than you would expect, due to its size, its very uncomfortable, and the click wheel is too small ... this is a buy for elementary-middleschoolers

Well. it's fine for my old fat fingers thanks very much...

I think the new nano is a fine piece of kit.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Here's another useless review

I've just unpacked my new 160GB iPod classic.

It is still loading the 18,000 songs from iTunes, this is taking quite a long time.

Even though it's the bulkiest iPod in the new range, it is super slim compared to my 60GB iPod photo. The new display looks good and I like the aluminium case. The box is miniscule compared to the huge package the photo came in. The main reason it is so small is because you no longer get many included accessories with the new iPods, unlike my old iPod photo which had so many extras it took about 2 days to unpack. I also realise this helps to keep the price down.

I still have no idea how quick or slow the classic is, or if it sounds any good because there are still 15,000 songs to upload. I have also loaded the latest update so I won't know if it any more responsive having not tried the old version.

Hope this helps :D

lamina says its snappier after the update, the ones i saw yesterday apparently didnt have the update, they basically didnt work, wen i scrolling around the wheel a million times, nothing happens until 10 seconds later, it was really bad, and the coverflow was TERRIBLE. those mini movies on apples site showing the ipod classic and coverflow were surely fake, the screen images must've been simulated

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
lamina says its snappier after the update, the ones i saw yesterday apparently didnt have the update, they basically didnt work, wen i scrolling around the wheel a million times, nothing happens until 10 seconds later, it was really bad, and the coverflow was TERRIBLE. those mini movies on apples site showing the ipod classic and coverflow were surely fake, the screen images must've been simulated

I hope to try it soon....

Still 12,000 to go. Why did they have to drop Firewire? :mad:

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Nice write up. I've had a play with one in the local Apple Store and was impressed.

I just want to play with mine now. Only 9,600 to go :)

Thanks.

Mercy, that's a lot of songs. You must be a collector of discographies :)

kevinti2004

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
iPod in Black

does anyone has the new ipod classic in black? can you post some pics online? cause lamina post his silver ipod classic, and i just want to see how ipod looks in black!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.