Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Extrapolator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I just bought an Ipod Touch and Itunes asked me the third day to restore my Ipod because it could not sync music and videos with it. When I try to restore it says:
Ipod could not be restored. An unknow error occured (-18).

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Try turning off the iPod and the syncing it. You should only haveto do this once. Don't know why, happened to mine too.

Extrapolator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
I tried and it didn't work, but I found a solution: I went into Settings>Reset and i resetted my Ipod(deleting every data), then i restored it with Itunes and resynced everything. Now it seems to be working right.

Thanks for the help, though.

Tcstang

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2009
hard reboot

I tried and it didn't work, but I found a solution: I went into Settings>Reset and i resetted my Ipod(deleting every data)

Thanks for the help, though.

is yours jailbroken? last night that happened to me and i did a hard reboot (press hold and lock for 5 seconds). that didnt fix it, so i went to setting on the ipod just to cheack if all data was deleted, it wasnt, the videos and pictures were there still there. this morning i connected to itunes and the music was still there but it wouldnt play through itunes. I added some songs and it fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.