Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmfaust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Hello, I have an 80 Gig Classic iPod. I have a PC running Windows XP. Everytime I try to sync the iPod, I get the same error over and over "The iPod "Bill's iPod" cannot be synced. The required folder cannot be found." I have tried renaming the iPod to different things, same error. I checked the location of the "My Music" folder and it's correct. Of course I did all of the "R's". I also have the latest version of iTunes. I have also enabled disk use. The weird things is.... after I get that message, it starts the process all over (iPod dismounts, and starts up again) and then it will add another 5-150 songs before the error comes again. It is adding the music to my iPod but it's taking HOURS and HOURS. I have 28 gigs of music and so far I have been at it for 8 hours and only have 7 gigs loaded onto iPod. One last thing - I am not syncing any photo's or anything else, only music (at this time). However, I am noticing that as it's adding music files, the "other" indicator (the orange one) is getting bigger from time to time, then goes back down. I don't know what "other" data is??? Please HELP!

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Hello, I have an 80 Gig Classic iPod. I have a PC running Windows XP. Everytime I try to sync the iPod, I get the same error over and over "The iPod "Bill's iPod" cannot be synced. The required folder cannot be found." I have tried renaming the iPod to different things, same error. I checked the location of the "My Music" folder and it's correct. Of course I did all of the "R's". I also have the latest version of iTunes. I have also enabled disk use. The weird things is.... after I get that message, it starts the process all over (iPod dismounts, and starts up again) and then it will add another 5-150 songs before the error comes again. It is adding the music to my iPod but it's taking HOURS and HOURS. I have 28 gigs of music and so far I have been at it for 8 hours and only have 7 gigs loaded onto iPod. One last thing - I am not syncing any photo's or anything else, only music (at this time). However, I am noticing that as it's adding music files, the "other" indicator (the orange one) is getting bigger from time to time, then goes back down. I don't know what "other" data is??? Please HELP!

So I'm assuming one of the 'R's' you've done is a restore? That's where I would start. Otherwise, it sounds like XP might be trying to synchronise data onto the drive since it sees it as an external hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.