Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:38 PM   #1
VOGUEx
macrumors newbie

Question Does your macbook shake a little when you play a cd?

i was playing a cd and then my macbook started..vibrating... is it normal? or is it not? I was really surprised when it started vibrating, I was like what the hell is going on here then i remembered i was playing a cd...this happen to anyone else?
VOGUEx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:44 PM   #2
dooker777
macrumors member

OK, I can't resist: When I play my Latin Jazz CDs, I know *I* shake a little

Seriously: is your MB uneven? or your desk/table uneven? It could be that simple. See if you can reproduce the shake on different surfaces. If so, then you should take it in.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 05:20 AM   #3
aliquis-
macrumors 6502a

I don't know and I don't care, proably the disc which has a little uneven weight distribution.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 05:59 AM   #4
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to MacBoobsPro
If a disc is not symmetrical it may cause a 'wobble' because one side of the disc is heavier.

Also those crappy stick on labels that you can buy and print onto are the number one cause of wobbly discs.

If a client sends a disc with any kind of sticky label on I refuse to put it in my machine.

One they can come off and spanner your drive.

Two the glue can burn through the top layer and damage the data area which can also damage your laser.

Three if the disc is very uneven the disc is at risk of coming loose in the drive when spinning causing major damage.

All three have happened to me over my career.
MacBoobsPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro