Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j3tang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Toronto, Canada
So i didn't get bluetooth BTO for my G4 iMac.
I just recently picked up a bluetooth module for the G4 iMac, but realized as I was installing it that the BT wire from the iMac does not connect to the BT module. What's required is a bluetooth antenna. Something like the airport situation. I bought the airport extreme card after the fact and plugged it in, attached the pre-wired antenna into the card. However, there is no prewired bluetooth antenna built-in.

I realize that apple has noted that the airport is a user upgradeable piece of hardware whereas bluetooth is not, hence i would guess maybe that's why there is no prewired bluetooth antenna.

To make a long story short, my computer is cracked open, and i refuse to power it back on because i haven't applied the thermal paste to it until i can get the bluetooth fully installed. I would like to know if I could get some help with sourcing this mysterious antenna. I noticed that the people at WeLoveMacs carry the antenna & carriage kit for a whopping $40 :s

Does anyone know if there is anywhere else that might have it? Is the G5 antenna the same thing? Any other solutions (other than forking out the $40)? I'd rather not go out and buy a BT dongle since i'm half way there with the BT module already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.