Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)

Old Aug 30, 2003, 03:56 PM   #1
auenway
macrumors newbie

Can someone explain to me the ADC hardware discount to me?

Ok so all I have to do to get the discount on hardware is pay the $99 ADC Student Membership Gift Certificate (Link: Click here to see it on apple website) Is that all I think thats alll it says on the site you have to do.
auenway is offline   0
Old Aug 30, 2003, 04:23 PM   #2
Vlade
macrumors 6502a

Re: Can someone explain to me the ADC hardware discount to me?

Quote:
Originally posted by auenway
Ok so all I have to do to get the discount on hardware is pay the $99 ADC Student Membership Gift Certificate (Link: Click here to see it on apple website) Is that all I think thats alll it says on the site you have to do.
No, you have to pay 500 dollars, the 99 dollar gift certificate is so your mom and grandma can help cut the cost for you, They pay 99 dollars, and you get a 99 dollar discount off you 500 dollar bill.
Vlade is offline   0
Old Aug 30, 2003, 04:34 PM   #3
KershMan
macrumors regular

Re: Can someone explain to me the ADC hardware discount to me?

Quote:
Originally posted by auenway
If you are a higher education student you can sign up for a Student ADC membership for $99 per year. You just need to agree to the terms of the membership that state you are a student.

Now, for the hardware purchase, it is more strict. You get ONE (1) hardware purchase for your lifetime with the student membership.

For the purchase, you must not only be a student but you must be actively taking development classes and have the intent to develop for the Mac. Your school generally must send something from the registrar's office certifying this or you must provide a current course list from an accredited institution. Some people in the past have gotten away with not doing this, but you generally have to.

I have not made my purchase as of yet, but this is what I was told when I signed up. I am waiting for the next PowerBooks before I decide to upgrade by 12" PowerBook or buy a G5. Others who have used the service may be able to provide more detail.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)