Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cavebob

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Is anyone here familiar with QR code? Im trying to find a good free QR code reader program for my MBP.

Can anyone help?

*BUMP*

millerb7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Is anyone here familiar with QR code? Im trying to find a good free QR code reader program for my MBP.

Can anyone help?

*BUMP*

The big question everyone should be asking, is why? This seems in direct conflict with how QR codes work and should be used. I am failing to see the point of needing it on a machine, as you would already be on the page? A quick way to turn links into QR codes is thru goo.gl. Makes a QR code for each url you shorten and has some analytics with it as well.

Not bashing the idea, just curious the use for it with a MBP? I mean hold one up to the camera and snap a pic and use it that way?

Anyways, I have some experience with them.

Here is a link to my website: http://gogomediaworks.com/qr-codes

Feel free to read up on it some if you like. Not selling you anything just a tad bit of info on there.

Anyways, I'd love to hear you planned use for them on a MBP.

dburnham

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2011
Using QR Codes on MBP

Let's say I am working at my Mac Book Pro with a magazine in hand, or a business card, either of which might have a QR code printed on in. Also, let's say I don't have a cell phone handy, and even if I do, I don't want to view the QR Code result on my cell phone, I want to view it on my computer.

I've got a handheld USB scanner handy, I just want to scan the QR code and have it give me the result on my computer.

What software exists for that, and where can I get it?

Reactions: jboles
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.