Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Luigi239
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Luigi239
Ok, I am on my 4th Bad iPod in the past month

I am really upset right now. A month ago, I bought a 16gb iPod touch from the 5th avenue store. It had the negative screen issue, and so I took it back a week later and got another one, which had a bunch of dead pixels right in the middle of the screen. I got skeptical of the build quality of the touch, so I just thought I would return it and get myself a nano. (due to the defect, I didn't have to pay the 10% fee.) So, I did, and lo and behold, the screen on the nano was all yellowed out. So, I brought it to the Apple store again, and this time, it has the tilted, or i guess rotated screen.

This is my 4th broken iPod, and I simply can't take it anymore. I do not have the time to go back to Apple and get another replacement. So, I wrote a letter to Steve Jobs' email address (which really goes to executive relations). I started off praising the iPod line, and telling them about my 3 previous perfect iPods. Then, I retold in detail my saga, and said that I truly believe that the iPod is the best portable media player out there, but these issues are making me second guess this. Lastly, I asked for a replacement, and some sort of compensation for my trouble.

Do you think this was fair of me to ask? I have had nothing but problems recently with iPods, and I shouldn't be forced to make a 5th trip to the store to make it right.

Has anybody else experienced a problem like this?
Luigi239 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:40 PM   #2
queshy
macrumors 68040

I understand your frustration...tomorrow I'm going back to the store to return the 3rd iPod touch I've had (all 3 had stuck pixels). Although I don't see the use...#4 will most likely be messed up as well.

I don't think I would have e-mailed him after 4. I went through 4 or 5 iMacs before getting a good one and I didn't e-mail him, and a computer is a much bigger "hassle" than an iPod. I'll probably e-mail him after #5 doesn't work, but hopefully it won't have to get that stage.

But I totally understand why you e-mail "him". It's funny how whenever you call Apple about this they ask if you want to buy apple care...I just say "if the iPod wouldn't have been given to me broken I wouldn't need apple care."

Good luck on #5...
queshy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:41 PM   #3
rockthecasbah
macrumors 68020

Wow you have terrible luck

I have not heard of anyone having this many problems with multiple iPods in such a short timespan. Writing the letter as you did was certainly good to do. As for your request, i wouldn't hold my breath for compensation, but stranger things have happened in the world. Maybe a small iTMS credit may come your way? Who knows.

Sucks to hear about your trouble though, i'd be livid if it were me with 4 crap iPods in a month...
"Ignore her, she's a feminist"
rockthecasbah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:47 PM   #4
queshy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthecasbah View Post
Wow you have terrible luck

I have not heard of anyone having this many problems with multiple iPods in such a short timespan. Writing the letter as you did was certainly good to do. As for your request, i wouldn't hold my breath for compensation, but stranger things have happened in the world. Maybe a small iTMS credit may come your way? Who knows.

Sucks to hear about your trouble though, i'd be livid if it were me with 4 crap iPods in a month...
Yeah they might give you a gift card or something...who knows. And I don't think it's "bad luck" - I just think their QC has detereorated (sp?) over the years. I've had 3G, 4G, 5G, 5.5G, etc iPods and none of them have ever been defective. I'd say in the past 1-2 yrs their QC really went downhill.

I wish the OP luck though...both in terms of getting compensation for that big waste of time and finding a good iPod.

I, too, feel as though Iv'e wasted tons of time with the iPod. I went to the store 3 times already back and forth, am down several hundred dollars, and all I got was a messed up iPod...I really don't have time to keep going back to the store but I guess I will have to until Apple gets this one right.
queshy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod