Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:27 PM   #1
meyasukki
Banned

Question 12" G4 Powerbook HELP!!!

Hi, I have a 12" G4 Aluminum Powerbook and I dropped it a few weeks ago on the corner where the battery is. I know my battery was fried...and it took a few tries but I got my powerbook to start, as long as it's plugged in with the AC adapter. I bought a new battery and placed it in my powerbook, however, it's not recognizing that there is a battery connected. At first it would, and the battery meter says that it's calculating...but after a few moments, the orange LED on the power adapter would turn RED...then it would turn green. At that moment, the onscreen battery meter no longer says calculating, and has a black X in the middle of it.

SO....now I don't know waht to do. I ran the install CD's quick diagnostic tool and it says that everything is in working order, however it also didn't recognize that there is a battery. What else can I do? I'm tired of having this laptop plugged in to work, if it unplugs, it obviously restarts as well, or just turns off, depends how fast I can plug it back in.

I NEED help, it's been 3 weeks and I'm in grad school, I can't be without this thing, and can't afford a NEW one....please help me
meyasukki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:36 PM   #2
deadpixels
macrumors 6502a

something must be loose, a bad contact maybe, check if the battery sits good in place when in the laptop. i would've suggest the power adapter but it seems fine since you laptop runs fine when plugged.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs