Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
USE SEARCH TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED.

The repository is really unnecessary without stickiness. Content removed.
Please DO NOT bump this thread. Thank you.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 202

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
any links to 3rd party apps??

After the Jailbreak, 3rd party apps are contained within the Installer.app once you get "Community Sources" downloaded. All the new icons you see in the many screencap threads of jailbroken iPods are from the Installer.app.

ProtestedHero

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2007
I'm not sure if this has been explained yet, but when I install SSH, and then I have to go check it by using the command ssh -1 1paddress, I get the message.

No such command 'ssh'.

I restarted after installing the new OS, and once again after installing SSH, but still get this.

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I'm not sure if this has been explained yet, but when I install SSH, and then I have to go check it by using the command ssh -1 1paddress, I get the message.

No such command 'ssh'.

I restarted after installing the new OS, and once again after installing SSH, but still get this.

If you're using a Mac, I suggest you use Terminal without installing anything beforehand (like a separate SSH client). If you're using Windows, I recommend using PuTTY instead, I found it easier to use.

ProtestedHero

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2007
If you're using a Mac, I suggest you use Terminal without installing anything beforehand (like a separate SSH client). If you're using Windows, I recommend using PuTTY instead, I found it easier to use.

I've been using Terminal.

bloody

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
if i do this wrong, is there a chance of brickage? I dont want to waste 500 dollars =[

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
if i do this wrong, is there a chance of brickage? I dont want to waste 500 dollars =[

Unfortunately, the short answer is YES. Take a look around at the healthy sprinkling of "Oops, my iPod doesn't work now" and "I can't restore my iPod" threads.

If you choose a jailbreak method, make sure to read through every single step before taking the first one. You have to able to guarantee yourself that you're following each step EXACTLY, and with certainty.

Tclare

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2006
Hey,
I am just wandering where I can pick up copies of the iPhone apps?

Thanks

Tclare

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Just a tip for those who can't get calander to work, I have found out. You don't even have to have the actual program. You gotta make sure that you have the community sources app installed, then from there you go waaaay down to the bottom and it will be called "Calander for the Touch" or something like that, you install that and it will let you add events in the calander!

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
iPhone Native Apps
BOTGOD's BLOG: http://www.botgod.net/ (Will remove link on BoTGoD or mod's request!)
- Install all ".app" folders into /Applications/ on your iPod.
- Install GMM.framework into /System/Frameworks/ on your iPod.
- Install MobileMailSettings.bundle into /System/PreferenceBundles/ on your iPod.
- Log in to your iPod using an ssh client, then type this command: /bin/chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ (You MUST do this for apps to work!)

can someone please be more specific? Like how do I find /Applications/ on my iPod? And do I install GMM.framework using installer.app or something?

Thanks.

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Hey,
I am just wandering where I can pick up copies of the iPhone apps?

Thanks

Tclare

Wow. I tried to aggregate all useful links into one single post, and you still can't see it?

to add calendar functionality, its easier to just download the "touch caledar fix" off installer.app

Thanks for the tip. Initial post updated.

can someone please be more specific? Like how do I find /Applications/ on my iPod? And do I install GMM.framework using installer.app or something?

Thanks.

You have to be able to access your iPod at the root level and simply copy the appropriate folders into the directories listed in the original post.

On Windows, this can be done easily with WinSCP (link above, drag+drop). I'm not sure about Mac, as I haven't tried.

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
i'm usin winscp so far i dragged the apps into the touch now i have to type in chmod -R a+x /Applications/*.
where do i type this??

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
i'm usin winscp so far i dragged the apps into the touch now i have to type in chmod -R a+x /Applications/*.
where do i type this??

Once you've copied over the files to your iPod, you can highlight these files in the GUI (on the iPod side) and right click to set Properties. You will see a permissions box with an "Octal" field. Enter 0755 and save the settings. This is the equivalent of the chmod command.

triela

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Google intsaller.app

Well, if the poster you're responding to hasn't figured it out yet, the iPhone Native Apps can be found in my original post, right under the heading "iPhone Native Apps"...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.