Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpikeX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I just got finished completely customizing my SummerBoard with my own theme and (mostly) all custom icons.

SB1.png
SB2.png

A few of the icons are default/used from other themes, and all others are from deviantArt.

Edit: Download This Theme Now!
If something in here is your own work (and you can prove it) and you would like it removed or you want to be credited, I would be more than happy to do so. Please PM me. And the mandatory disclaimer: I didn't make any of these icons, I just edited them to fit on the Touch. They are all owned by their original creators.

The theme only has icons for the apps you see in the screenshots above. If you want me to try and make/find an icon for another app that isn't listed here, reply and I'll see what I can do. :)

SpikeX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Which theme would that dock be from?

Actually... one of the themes had a file called MiniDock.png and it was kinda "broken" (the image had some missing pixels). I patched it up and added the 3D effect and got this. :) You could say it's part custom, part from another theme.

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
Actually... one of the themes had a file called MiniDock.png and it was kinda "broken" (the image had some missing pixels). I patched it up and added the 3D effect and got this. :) You could say it's part custom, part from another theme.

Could I possibly get ahold of that for my own use? :) Would love to use that with Neurox Leopard!

macchappy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
If you download the SummerBoard from their website, the alpha, then you will have to install it manually but it should work fine after that. There are installation instructions in the file.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
If you download the SummerBoard from their website, the alpha, then you will have to install it manually but it should work fine after that. There are installation instructions in the file.

cant i do it from the installer app also? wouldnt that be easier or is it different? how do u download themes to it also?

macchappy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
AFAIK, the one on Installer.app isn't the same one, so you have to install it manually. BUT, after that, the themes from Installer should work. If you need help installing SummerBoard, look here, there are instructions for it in the first post.

SpikeX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
cant i do it from the installer app also? wouldnt that be easier or is it different? how do u download themes to it also?

Yeah, the Installer.app version hasn't been updated in awhile... dunno what's taking the guys so long.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, the Installer.app version hasn't been updated in awhile... dunno what's taking the guys so long.

should i veen get the summerboard fro that website, it seems like every1 is lisng all their stuff when they try to do it, is it risky or not?

jeph

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
How do you get the music/video icons to change.

I've been trying to for a bit now and can't seem to get it to work. When I pull the icon.png from the applications folder, they come up corrupt. I've been doing it with all my other applications don't know why this wont work.

What do you need to call them in the themes folder?

trance728

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
I have yet to get summerboard to work, when I open it theres no buttons and then it crashes. The only thing in the instructions that I didn't do was the thing about the plist preferences. Is that the reason? Or is it something else, and if that was the reason how do I do that.

SpikeX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I've opened the download up to anyone (no more PM's please!). See the download link in the first post as well as my disclaimer.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback :)

SpikeX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
So how can I get this on my iPod touch? Is it easy?
Guys, please stop hijacking the thread with random questions. All the stuff is here, and we're not going to hold your hand through all of it. (I'm not just talking to you, California King, but everyone) "How do I do this?" or "Is this safe?" are not valid questions here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.