Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 14, 2007, 03:26 AM   #1
kevinti2004
macrumors newbie

Cassette Adapter for iPod

Has anyone who use cassette adapter for their iPod in car? iLounge said that Philips PH2050W is better than SONY's.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...ssette-adapter

I am thinking to get one cassette adapter, but dont know which brand has better sound.

Last edited by kevinti2004; Oct 14, 2007 at 03:42 AM.
kevinti2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2007, 05:52 AM   #2
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinti2004 View Post
Has anyone who use cassette adapter for their iPod in car? iLounge said that Philips PH2050W is better than SONY's.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...ssette-adapter

I am thinking to get one cassette adapter, but dont know which brand has better sound.
In my experience, it is not one brand being better than another, but one adapter fitting better into your cassette player than another. And three different players from the same brand will be all different. When you look at reviews for any adapter, you will find half the people saying it is excellent, and the other half saying it is rubbish - and they are all correct, because all the adapters are different.

If you find a good one, look after the cables very, very carefully. You don't want to have to throw away an adapter that works very well just because the cables are broken. If it plays up, just unscrewing everything and putting it together again may improve things a lot.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:55 AM   #3
danny_w
macrumors 601

I bought the Sony adapter based on the iLounge review and it was very mechanically noisy in my car (click..click..click..) so I took it back and exchanged for a Belkin adapter that works great. It is almost dead silent, and produces very good sound. This is my first cassette adapter experience. It works great for me!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod