Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aman29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I am going to get an ipod touch and I was wondering what most people use to protect it. I was thinking a protective film from like invisibleShield or Best Skins Ever but a case would be good too. Suggestions?

fdmendez

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
nothing... And I'm not very careful with it either. The glass front is incredibly scratch resistant. There's not a single scratch on mine and I've used every day since early sept. The back has its fair share of scuffs though.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I am going to get an ipod touch and I was wondering what most people use to protect it. I was thinking a protective film from like invisibleShield or Best Skins Ever but a case would be good too. Suggestions?

Currently I'm using an iPod sock-fits the touch quite nicely. I've also got an Invisible Shield on the back. This'll do till I see a case that I really want.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
I'm finding cases completely worthless on the Touch. The glass is practically unscratchable under normal circumstances. You never see the back, which is easily scratched.

All in all, a naked iPod seems to be good enough for me.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
The Invisible Shield is a great product. It doesn't spoil the look of the device like so many other methods of protecting the iPod.
I'd consider an iFrogz case too but I've never used one.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I agree the i-pod touch is highly scratch resistant.

I use the velvet pouch that came with the LG Choc ! Fits it well..

As for not taking it out of its box... you must be strong willed dude. Get it out and play with it... its awesome.

If your gonna use the invisi shield then put it on the back if you must. The front does not need it fella. :)

add

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
i'm using a little pouch that came with my spy sunglasses until the griffen iClear comes out. :)

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
I’m not even taking mine out of the box until my Invisible shield arrives

I kept mine in the protective plastic wrap until I got the Invisible Shield. With the Shield now on, the back looks pristine. Had a couple of bubbles after application but two days down the line, they've completely gone!

If you want to keep your purchase looking good, get a Shield for the back (or similar product).

Rod.

WILLDOGS

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Ive read that after a while the silicone transfers onto the back of the machine and its a bitch to remove ! :apple:

Thats why I am leaving the clear packing tape on the back of my ipod that I am currently using for protection.

It is my ghetto invisible shield and works great. Comes off easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.