Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MMMerangue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Borders / Lincoln
having trouble registering my iTunes because it automatically places me in the US (nodrop-down menu, just embedded text) and i in fact live in Britain. The rest of my address is correct and on my Apple ID account it says United Kingdom.

Totally new to Mac so I have no idea how to fix it, spotlight and Apple.com don't want to help me either =[ It wants a 5-digit zip code which i dont have, obviously, and a 3-digit area code for my phone nmber which i dont have either cos im not in America...

Also it doesnt want me to play EVE-Online, but apparently thats coming out for Mac soon...ish...

Thanks and free hugs to anyone who can help!!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Not totally sure what you mean but...

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the store, look for this Picture 1.png

and change it to the right country.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Website?

What are you trying to activate?

The picture i gave was in the iTunes store (in iTunes), see updated picture

Picture 3.jpg

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
In iTunes, in the iTunes Store, at the very bottom of the front (home) page is the drop down menu pictured in the earlier post. Right now it says US with an American Flag bubble for you. You can change it to UK and problem solved.

It IS there. There is no way to remove or hide that menu and has always been there.

MMMerangue

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Borders / Lincoln
RE: xUKHCx and yippy

Great I found it. Was on a totally different page before, all it had was boxes for my registration information. Thanks guys.

*free Hugs*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.