Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rph105

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
wht programs do u use to convert videos to ipods, btw im using a mac

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
So far, I've only converted FLV files. I use iSquint to convert my single FLV files to MP4, and MPEG Streamclip for combining multiple FLV files into a single MP4 file.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
While it's great for Macintosh users, how about for us Windows XP (SP2) users? I'm looking for a program that can convert .WMA and .MOV video to the format used by the video capable iPods (which includes my 3G iPod nano).

atarin

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Chicago
I use iSquint, mostly because it's free. It does what I need it to do. I would probably upgrade to Visual Hub if I needed it to do more, but right now I can't imagine what more I would need.

Nik73

macrumors regular
May 26, 2006
UK
While it's great for Macintosh users, how about for us Windows XP (SP2) users? I'm looking for a program that can convert .WMA and .MOV video to the format used by the video capable iPods (which includes my 3G iPod nano).

Anyone any suggestions? I'm struggling to find anything that works properly to convert .avi files. :(

dhlvrsn

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
I use PQ DVD. (pqdvd.com) Not free but I use it often enough and it's simple enough that it was worth it.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
Anyone any suggestions? I'm struggling to find anything that works properly to convert .avi files. :(

Another vote for VisualHub. I've used it to convert AVI files flawlessly, where other free methods (including iSquint IIRC :confused:) would strip the audio channels. VH also converts the .mkv files I've been bittorrenting lately.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Handbrake Is By Far The Best

No doubt. All the rest are posers. ;)
wht programs do u use to convert videos to ipods, btw im using a mac
You fail to explain what kind of movies in what format from where. We can't really tell you until you tell us what your sources are. Handbrake is for MPEG2 DVD type files or DVDs themselves. You can make DVD Images that Handbrake can deal with with Toast 8 from many types of files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.