Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Invisible Shield vs. BSE

• Invisible Shield

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • BSE

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

beaker26

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
My touch is on the way. I don't care about the price. I just can't deicide if I should go with Invisible Shield over BSE or just save the 20 bucks. I'm just having a hard time deciding if there is actually a difference at all.

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
My touch is on the way. I don't care about the price. I just can't deicide if I should go with Invisible Shield over BSE or just save the 20 bucks. I'm just having a hard time deciding if there is actually a difference at all.

I would definitely say InvisibleShield. The material is stronger than BSE, and it fits my Touch perfectly. I was a little skeptical at first, but now that I have it, I definitely consider it a great investment. Money isn't really a factor here unless you're extremely poor, for something that you're going to use for such a long time, I'd say go with the InvisibleShield.

beaker26

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Did you use the front too? I'm not sure if I want to on the front, but I think it'd be better than dropping it and getting a scratch on the front.

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Did you use the front too? I'm not sure if I want to on the front, but I think it'd be better than dropping it and getting a scratch on the front.

Well they only have two options: front only, or front and back.
I bought the front and back since my main concern was getting the back scratch. But yes, I did use the front as well; it doesn't make any difference to the way the iPod looks. Hope this helps :)

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
BSE has a better bang for it's buck. IS MIGHT be better, but when I purchased one for my iPod video I was disappointed I paid $25 for it. This time, I'm getting BSE!

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
most definitely the InvisibleShield. it's worth the money, i can promise you that. it takes some time to put it on correctly, but once you do get it on and get the bubbles worked out, it's awesome. and just like in the videos on the website, you really can take a key to it and nothing appears. it's quite brilliant. highly recommended . unlike BSD or whatever it is, this is supposed to last you forever, not just until you need a new one... PLUS the IS is backed by a lifetime guarantee! so if you decide you don't like it, send it back. you also get your 30-day satisfaction too. ok. long enough. hope i could help!

makaveli25

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
well....

has anyone tried both and can definately state one is better than the other?
some people havent tried one or the other and dont really know.

I have tried both.
I have had a BSE on my creative zen vision m for over a year. its amazing.
i had a IS on my new iPod touch and loved it but took it off to take to the apple store for them to look at and since i ruined and scrunched it up taking it off, i had to get another one. So i went and got BSE again.

No issues with BSE, applied it easier than the IS.
but i think that both are made of exactly the same material....one is probably cheaper than the other maybe because it doesnt ship in packaging like the IS and doesnt come with a spray to use.

I did some hoework 2 years ago on this same thing. I ended with the BSe because it was cheaper.
And now i got to try the IS out.

I can say that both the BSE and the IS i took off both i tried poking a sharp pen through and both reacted the same way.
I tried as hard as i could to rip both and couldnt do it. i can cut it with scissors though.

i tried to poke my keys through and stepped on the keys to jam them into each of the skins.

They reacted perfectly. and more importantly...both reacted THE SAME

So out of that, next time i would buy the BSE because it doesnt seem any better than the IS and its much cheaper.

the IS does come with a good guaranty though which the BSE cant compete with.

I hope this helps and now i wish i actually put my tests on video.....wasnt really thinking about that at the time. i was too busy trying to find ways to destroy both skins.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
If it doesnt come with the spray, then how do you make the solution? Im not sure, but maybe its a simple soap solution?

makaveli25

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
If it doesnt come with the spray, then how do you make the solution? Im not sure, but maybe its a simple soap solution?

it comes with a paper which has a link to insctructions which tells you to use some mild soap based water in a small dish.

a bottle of spray would be nice, but then again, the price difference makes up cause its not hard to put some soap solution into a small dish of water.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
I realize this is an old thread, but people still probably are looking for the same answers.

you can just use a non-residue glass cleaner instead of spray.

I think the best thing about the invisible shield is the warranty. If you ever have to remove either of them (like to bring it to apple for repairs or anything) you're going to mess them up and get them very dirty, however zagg will replace it for free no questions asked. I got one to review a while back. only thing that went through it was a fresh razor blade (even held up against scratching with a tac) and they replaced the one I intentionally cut with the razor for free. (not knowing i got the first one for review.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.