Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anomaly427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I have successfully used the Touchfree utility to jailbreak my Touch and add the included apps, but as I am in a hotel for the next few weeks, I cannot use wireless to SSH or FTP into my Touch.

I realised that Touchfree seems able to copy files to the Touch through the USB cable so after some hunting around I tried iBrickr for the iPhone. This works to transfer files and create directories, but it does not have the ability to delete anything or change permissions, so I cannot install the iPhone apps. I did manage to upload some ROM images for the NES emulator though.

Anyway, so my question is: As iBrickr ALMOST works, is there a file manager in the works for the Touch? It obviously can be done, and would be much easier than using wireless and commandline tools. No need to worry about security either.

Any ideas?

Anomaly427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I thought this kind of application would be very much desired... is it only me?

Anomaly427

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Yes - it's just that iBrickr works quite well so I thought it'd be relatively easy to change for the Touch.

It would also greatly help those that have trouble connecting wirelessly to their Touches.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
iPhone Drive is close but, it doesn't allow you to see any other folder besides /Media/ which kinda sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.