Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mathewr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
They are talking about the guy in the video, unless that is you.

He does seem to mumble his way through a few mistakes.

oh ok i got this info from the street which is a company run by Jim Cramer. he has a show called mad money on CNBC

scientia

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Hopefully over the next couple days we can get some supporting rumors, but it does make sense that we would see a new MB released with Leopard

casw1000

macrumors member
May 6, 2005
not trying to be rude here, but why has this been posted on a new thread when it was already mentioned in the other thread.

Whilst we are all looking forward to new products how many times do new threads get started when its already been discussed many times.

It's a good find if genuine and as someone else said, what makes this guy credible. I also doubt it would be a MB, as this is clearly treading on the toes of the MBP product line.

just my view.

FJ218700

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2007
Blue Dot, Red State
not trying to be rude here, but why has this been posted on a new thread when it was already mentioned in the other thread.

Whilst we are all looking forward to new products how many times do new threads get started when its already been discussed many times.

It's a good find if genuine and as someone else said, what makes this guy credible. I also doubt it would be a MB, as this is clearly treading on the toes of the MBP product line.

just my view.

your view is correct

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
This guy acts like it's confirmed and is common knowledge, what's up with that? Did I miss something?

Mundy

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2006
An overhaul that included Santa Rosa would be fine with me. Believe it or not, I'd see some benefit if my MacBook could see 4GB of RAM and not just 3GB. LED screens would be cool, too. As for the actual design of the MacBook, I think it's fine.

lwcoffer2

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2007
Macbook Lite?

Seems like he's describing more of a Macbook 'Lite' than an update to the current Macbook line. He doesn't seem like he has first had knowledge though. Sounds like a PC guy talking about Apple products. Really vague.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Seems like he's describing more of a Macbook 'Lite' than an update to the current Macbook line. He doesn't seem like he has first had knowledge though. Sounds like a PC guy talking about Apple products. Really vague.

Well it's 13" which fits the MB model. If they made an "ultraportable" I think it would be smaller, but I dunno.

This would be a short lifespan for the White intel MB's. About a year and a half? I would love to see some aluminum ones though. After seeing the new direction (away from the white acrylic) Apple is heading design wise, I'm excited to see an aluminum MB.

There are a few good reason why aluminum MB's would be a good release:
- It's right before the holiday season
- Will coincide with Leapord release
- And will follow with the metal/black designs of the recent iMacs and iPods

I might have to consider an alu. MB if they do come out... Since it will have leapord and all.. I was planning on buyin it anways...

lwcoffer2

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2007
There are a few good reason why aluminum MB's would be a good release:
- It's right before the holiday season
- Will coincide with Leapord release
- And will follow with the metal/black designs of the recent iMacs and iPods
I agree. And hope this happens. It just seemed that he didnt know what he was talking about.

juxtaposer

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2007
In A Field
I think he was just trying to explain in layman's terms so that anyone could understand him. It did come out a tad vague though. And from the comments left on EndGadget, he doesn't exactly seem a trustworthy source. Oh well, only 9 days to go until we find out if it's true or not. :)

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I don't see him as credible at all! He called the MacBook Pro a Powerbook after all. How long has the MacBook Pro been out now and he still forgot? Sheesh.

scientia

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
I don't see him as credible at all! He called the MacBook Pro a Powerbook after all. How long has the MacBook Pro been out now and he still forgot? Sheesh.

Well even if the guy is an idiot or just not knowledgeable he could still be right. An insider might have passed this info to him and he was just doing his "best" to repeat it.

I'm just hoping that it's true despite the source... I want my 1st mac (not counting the ones I had when I was a kid) to be a nice shiny MB!

vultureparade

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
This seems very legit to me. Sure the guy made a few mistakes, but he seemed pretty certain about the information he was repeating. I doubt he would go on camera and say that something is definitely going to happen if he didn't have decent evidence to make him believe so.

What makes me believe this more is that Apple is having an event on the 26th. Sure they could just be having it to officially announce Leopard, but haven't they done that already? Why book a big event if everyone already knows the information about the new OS? What are they going to do to keep people saying "WOW APPLE"?

I think a new macbook announcement makes sense.

Bilvox

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2004
Boston
well...

So I work in a financial company so I would give the guy some cred due to the fact many of the bigger analysts seem to have a "friend" on the inside of companies that lets them once in a while have a snap shot of he the mood, possible reasons to be excited... hopefully not in an insider information way... but more of a rumour mill thats a little more reliable than blurry camera phone images in low like that look doctored. :p
hehe

But as I said I think they want to keep the pr focus on the amazing crazin zany fantastic new os coming out.

cheers
~bv:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.