Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
I am trying pages '08 in hopes that it will be the long sought replacement for MS word. Only one problem so far - I do lots of writing in Spanish but there is no way to access the Spanish dictionary in my Pages spell checker. When I hit <spelling> and then <spelling> the spell dialog comes up ok but only in English and there is no dictionary button that will allow me to change languages. It is not a problem with the OS X speller because the dictionary and dialogs work fine in both Spanish and English in other programs such as Mellel, Word, and even in the '08 versions of Keynote and Numbers. I love everything else about it so far but this one quirk would make it impossible for me to give up Word. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem with Pages?

nerdie

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2007
Just select a portion of text, then go to the Inspector and under Text inspector (big T) select the More tab. You'll see a drop down menu where you can select the language the text is supposed to be written in.

Once you select the proper language it should be a piece of cake to spell check it.

jstad

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Just select a portion of text, then go to the Inspector and under Text inspector (big T) select the More tab. You'll see a drop down menu where you can select the language the text is supposed to be written in.

Once you select the proper language it should be a piece of cake to spell check it.

This isnt my topic but THANK YOU! I have been looking for an answer to this for awhile. No more 94% on spanish papers thanks to spell check errors :p :D

Bill M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Gracias for the help

Problem solved - thanks for the help - Goodbye MS Word!!

frog3r

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2007
Oh my

Thanks you a lot, I've been using word because of the spelling tools, now I can finally cut the cord. The only thing I'd like to see are the graphics and tree diagrams

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.