Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 18, 2007, 06:20 PM   #1
uPhone
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
iPod Touch Wont boot up! Help!

So i did the touchfree jailbreak and installed apps. and I went to the springboard and the apps didnt show up so I thot maybe I had to reboot. Then when I rebooted the iPod Touch it just stays at the white apple logo. I tried holding the home and the top button so I can restore it but it just turns off then on and then just turns off.

What do I do?

Please Help!!

Thanks
uPhone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 06:34 PM   #2
solyd
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by uPhone View Post
So i did the touchfree jailbreak and installed apps. and I went to the springboard and the apps didnt show up so I thot maybe I had to reboot. Then when I rebooted the iPod Touch it just stays at the white apple logo. I tried holding the home and the top button so I can restore it but it just turns off then on and then just turns off.

What do I do?

Please Help!!

Thanks
Hold the home and sleep (top) button until it turns off and turns back on. The moment it turns back on, let go of the sleep (top) button but keep hold the home button. After a while, it will go into restore mode and the Apple logo will change, and you can then plug it into your computer.
solyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 06:55 PM   #3
uPhone
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by solyd View Post
Hold the home and sleep (top) button until it turns off and turns back on. The moment it turns back on, let go of the sleep (top) button but keep hold the home button. After a while, it will go into restore mode and the Apple logo will change, and you can then plug it into your computer.
The apple logo still remains. The Icon doesnt change at all.
uPhone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:10 PM   #4
mbawg
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by uPhone View Post
The apple logo still remains. The Icon doesnt change at all.
Then you are most likely doing it incorrectly. It is almost impossible to brick the iPod, as there have been VERY few reports of bricking. Make sure that you hold Home and Sleep (Top), once it shuts off and turns back on RELEASE Sleep (Top) and continue to hold home until it goes into restore mode. You will get the message that shows you need to connect to iTunes.


I had the exact same problem as you after a failed jailbreak and this method worked perfectly.
mbawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:20 PM   #5
uPhone
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawg View Post
Then you are most likely doing it incorrectly. It is almost impossible to brick the iPod, as there have been VERY few reports of bricking. Make sure that you hold Home and Sleep (Top), once it shuts off and turns back on RELEASE Sleep (Top) and continue to hold home until it goes into restore mode. You will get the message that shows you need to connect to iTunes.


I had the exact same problem as you after a failed jailbreak and this method worked perfectly.
Believe me.. I am the master at bricking stuff. I bricked an iPhone when it was already 1.02 FW... luckily apple sent me a replacement.

for the ipod touch i did exactly what you said the apple logo still appears. If I dont release the sleep button the phone just turns off. I held the home button for 1-minute and nothing happened.

Its ok tho.. I just called best buy. They said they will exchange it for me.

Thanks for the help tho. If any1 has any other suggestions please post!
uPhone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:23 PM   #6
cwolves
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawg View Post
Then you are most likely doing it incorrectly. It is almost impossible to brick the iPod, as there have been VERY few reports of bricking. Make sure that you hold Home and Sleep (Top), once it shuts off and turns back on RELEASE Sleep (Top) and continue to hold home until it goes into restore mode. You will get the message that shows you need to connect to iTunes.


I had the exact same problem as you after a failed jailbreak and this method worked perfectly.
I bricked one. It went into restore mode and iTunes couldn't restore it on 4 different computers (tried about 30 times since I read that the restore didn't always work).
cwolves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:25 PM   #7
California King
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
There seriously needs to be a sticky on how to manually restore. This topic has like a thousand threads........a day
California King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:26 PM   #8
uPhone
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolves View Post
I bricked one. It went into restore mode and iTunes couldn't restore it on 4 different computers (tried about 30 times since I read that the restore didn't always work).
atleast yours goes to restore mode lol.

Thank god for 30-day replacements.

and the std 1 yr warranty by apple.

I ordered the replacement iPhone on friday
got it monday shipped the broken iPhone monday and got the repaired iPhone WED.

their service is great.
uPhone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:33 PM   #9
jacktiernan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vic, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by California King View Post
There seriously needs to be a sticky on how to manually restore. This topic has like a thousand threads........a day
I know.... sigh.

Guys - unless you were trying REALLY hard, you cant brick your ipod doing this jailbreak.

The restore process is listed a thousand times on these forums - and it has worked for eveyone.

You must be doing it wrong, or you are the unluckiest guy here. (I'm going with the first option)

Plug you ipod into the computer, hold the sleep and home buttons for about 15 seconds, then open itunes and it will say it has detected an ipod in recovery mode.

FOllow the restore instrustions from there.

If that doesnt work, search the forums (and maybe be a little embarrased by the fact that you will find at least 50 threads dealing with the very same problem you have)
__________________
Wherever I go, here I am
jacktiernan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:44 PM   #10
solyd
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Just letting you guys know, the restore function is hardcoded into the iPod. The jailbreak is only on a software level, so there is no way that the restore function can fail.
solyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:51 PM   #11
uPhone
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktiernan View Post
I know.... sigh.

Guys - unless you were trying REALLY hard, you cant brick your ipod doing this jailbreak.

The restore process is listed a thousand times on these forums - and it has worked for eveyone.

You must be doing it wrong, or you are the unluckiest guy here. (I'm going with the first option)

Plug you ipod into the computer, hold the sleep and home buttons for about 15 seconds, then open itunes and it will say it has detected an ipod in recovery mode.

FOllow the restore instrustions from there.

If that doesnt work, search the forums (and maybe be a little embarrased by the fact that you will find at least 50 threads dealing with the very same problem you have)
Wow.. no1 told me it had to be connected to the computer to put it in restore mode.

when I connected it to the computer the restore worked right away!

lol thanks guys for the help.. i feel like an idiot!
uPhone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 02:36 PM   #12
iDagreed
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: this country, what were you expecting, the moon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uPhone View Post
Wow.. no1 told me it had to be connected to the computer to put it in restore mode.

when I connected it to the computer the restore worked right away!

lol thanks guys for the help.. i feel like an idiot!
I had the exact same thing. my touch got kinda fudged up and this thing worked, glad to have found this thread in google
__________________
iBoot uR iMac
iDagreed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:53 AM   #13
devil99125
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by solyd View Post
Hold the home and sleep (top) button until it turns off and turns back on. The moment it turns back on, let go of the sleep (top) button but keep hold the home button. After a while, it will go into restore mode and the Apple logo will change, and you can then plug it into your computer.
Thank You so much i thought my ipod was dead
devil99125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:36 PM   #14
iTouchFool
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Wow same exact thing happened to me!! Thank you all for posting this forum!! I jailbroke my ipod touch, then restored it the screen stayed and it wouldnt start. So I did the hold thingy thanks guys! It works now! You saved me 200 bucks!
iTouchFool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:01 PM   #15
R3P3AT
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Thanks Xd Worked Great

Hey, to whoever posted this and the other's who gave extra tips thanks a bunch for posting! If it wasn't for you guys I would have just tossed my Touch Out! You guy's are awesome and this idea worked like a ****ing charm!

J-D
R3P3AT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:56 AM   #16
Berto6966
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
help

well i did the jailbreak on my iPod touch. I follow the instructions everyone has left in this forum and my iPod does it but then i plug it in to my computer but i wont detected it at all. I try in 4 different computer and with different cables too but is still wont detected it. Any ideas why?
Berto6966 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:39 AM   #17
Toronto111
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I'm sorry but that might be the only option, restoring it, because you cant do anything to save the games on the ipod touch unless you saved all the cracked games on to your computer, so if you did do that, then you do have your games on your computer.

but i had the same problem about a month ago, and i couldn't find a way with out restoring unless if you have (installous) and went to the setting and put itunes sinc to on, then this would save every game you have on your ipod touch.

but when i did had the problem you have now, i had to restore my ipod touch. i was so mad, i had to install all the games on to my ipod touch with my ipod touch all over again, it took forever since i downloaded so many.
Toronto111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:20 PM   #18
Ryu2Wolf
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Possible good news to those with uPhone's problem. I found that the iTunes icon shows if you always keep your iPod device plugged in through USB while performing this step:

"Hold the home and sleep (top) button until it turns off..."

When it turns back on, it showed the iTunes and USB plugin logo.
Ryu2Wolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:42 PM   #19
max5427
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
have you tried putting it in DFU mode? then restoring in itunes?


http://ipodtouchjailbreakinginfo.blogspot.com/
max5427 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ipod Touch 1G Wont Turn On? DrunkinMacbook iPhone 3 Feb 15, 2014 01:37 PM
iPod Touch 4G wont do anything? Help? crazywaterbaby iPod touch 1 Mar 27, 2013 11:51 PM
Ipod touch wont sync Embarkment 8 iPod touch 0 Feb 10, 2013 03:04 AM
iPod Touch: iPod Touch 1G Wont Connect To PC 343matt Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 1 Dec 18, 2012 07:24 AM
iPod Touch Wont Turn on now.. PseudoKirby iPod touch 1 Jun 4, 2012 12:06 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC