Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:26 PM   #1
hotong
macrumors newbie

HELP installer icon missing

After successfully installing installer.app, i installed a few application. The problem is that those applications have now occupied all the space in my home screen (springboard) and i cannot see my installer icon anymore. How do I access the installer again?! .. so i can remove the applications or atleast install a launcher or a new version of springboard so i can scroll through the installed applications. But to do any of that, i need to access my installer, which i donít know how to. Please help. Thanks.
hotong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Bernie-Mac
Banned

It looks to me like you might have to restore your iphone, that happened to me before so everytime i add 3rd party apps i make sure that finder or dock is one of the first things i install
Bernie-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 01:37 PM   #3
HawaiiMacAddict
macrumors 6502a

Aloha hotong,

There may be a way for you to avoid a restore. Have you installed MobileFinder? If so, can you see the icon? If you can tap the icon, simply navigate to the Applications folder and you can fire up the Installer app from there. If not, Bernie-Mac is right - you'll have to restore your iPhone.

This is what I suggest. Install the Installer app, then BSD subsystem, then SummerBoard. You'll need the BSD subsystem installed for a lot of the other installs, and SummerBoard allows for scrolling of the SpringBoard (the main iPhone screen), just like scrolling Contacts, Settings, etc... It also allows the chosen background to display behind the iPhone icons.

HawaiiMacAddict
HawaiiMacAddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 04:03 AM   #4
otiskunn
macrumors newbie

I had a same problem but sorted out

Hi,

I had a same problem.. that downloaded too many applications, couldn't find the installer application on homescreen.

Try this site and download linked application.. you can install "installer" again.. and remove applications that you don't need.

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Good luck
otiskunn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:01 PM   #5
MrT8064
macrumors 6502a

if you installed ssh,

(i dont know if this will work, but its just an idea)
MrT8064 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:31 PM   #6
ahong003
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Installer icon pushed off the screen, need help!

I'm currently using 1.1.1, and I have the main screen scrolling, so I'm not the one with the problem.

My cousin has an older OS (I believe 1.0.2?) And she got app crazy and started installing a bunch of stuff. Problem is, she pushed her installer icon off the front screen. She doesn't have summerboard installed, and I don't believe she has anything else isntalled that allows for app launching. (IE Launcher).

She has had her iphone jailbroken and possibly unlocked since she got it, my aunt got it for her as a gift. However, she was told not to update it on itunes, ever, because apparently they have a work around and she is not paying for the full iPhone data plan. I think she may be paying for the cheaper generic data plan that is not iPhone specific, as she does not have access to Visual Voicemail.

Is there anyway she can get installer back? Mabye, someway to uninstall apps other than installer? Or someway to get summerboard onto her phone, or launcher even, without installer? She can NOT update, and I can't think of any other work around right now.

Help!
ahong003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:03 PM   #7
ajl917
macrumors 6502

Either use Dock to open up Installer or you could use iPhoneBrowser to delete some apps, then get installer back, then install Dock to solve these problems...
ajl917 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:04 PM   #8
ansonwong
macrumors newbie

Hey..Need help on iphone

Hi..I am from Malaysia.
I just bought an Iphone a couple of months back.
Yesterday, i manage to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL a couple of games back in the IPHONE.
For some reason, the installer was PUSHED away and it don't appear anymore in my screen. I was wondering if anyone can lend me a hand on this thing. I would really thank whoever can help me to solve this problem.

I just want back the INSTALLER to UNINSTALL the STUPID games. I do not have DOCK...RBST??..I am using version 1.1.2..
Really need help on my IPHONE..
URGENT..

Will be most appreciaited if anyone could reply.
If you have the SOFTWARE and SOLUTION..
Pls email me at ansonwong_wl89@hotmail.com

Thank you very much..
Urgent

Anson
ansonwong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 12:56 PM   #9
Dadeleine
macrumors member

Put your finger on any icon (leave it touching, don't remove)....hold it for a couple seconds...when they all wiggle, drag icon to the right and a new screen appears. Fixed.
Dadeleine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks