Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1
LGShepherd
macrumors regular

iTunes - Uncheck all songs

Hi,

Is there anyway of unchecking all your songs in iTunes in one keyboard shortcut as opposed to manually unchecking each song?

cheers
LGShepherd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:55 PM   #2
cheeseadiddle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGShepherd View Post
Hi,

Is there anyway of unchecking all your songs in iTunes in one keyboard shortcut as opposed to manually unchecking each song?

cheers
Command click will do it, I believe. I've done it one too many times by accident.
Al Macbook late '08 2.0
iPod Classic Black 80 GB
2G iPhone 8GB x2
cheeseadiddle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:05 PM   #3
ds252
macrumors regular

click the top song so its highlighted then scroll to your bottom song hold shift and click it. Then right click one of the many highlighted songs and click uncheck.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:15 AM   #4
grantdoug
macrumors newbie

<COMMAND> Uncheck - Beware...

My family shares a near-Terabyte iTunes library on share.

My playlists always use a "base" smartplaylist with stuff I don't like filtered out (unchecked songs, podcasts, ebooks, single star ratings, played in last 90 days etc.).

So, I have major time invested in check / uncheck. I use the COMMAND function, and want to share a caution. Yes, it is very useful. But warning - iTunes has no UNDO with this. (Bad, bad Apple developer... go to room room without dinner.)

If you use COMMAND with ratings, check / uncheck, extensively as I do (so I don't have to listen to songs that my kids like, without actually deleting them from the library), beware the COMMAND- check/uncheck. Do it wrong, you'll lose all the checks or unchecks, or anything else you mass-change with it.

My suggestions... before you mess with COMMAND multi-selection (use them in any combination)
  1. Never, never mess with COMMAND function when viewing your entire music library! Do it against searched lists or playlists ONLY
  2. Make a smart playlist of the unchecked songs, then save that to a 'real' playlist
  3. Backup your library
  4. If you use Time Machine, you can recover the library, but that's a hassle. Just use it on subsets.
grantdoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store