Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucascsula

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Orange County, California
Ok. So I want to buy an IPOD but don't know which one I should get.

I plan on going to Costco. Here are my prices:

IPOD Nano- 136.99 4G
IPOD Classic- 236.99 80G
IPOD Touch- 289.99 8 G

I can afford each of them, but if I don't have to spend the extra money, I won't do it.

I listen to lots of music. I like movies as well.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for the help!

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I'd go with the touch. It offers web browsing when you're at a Hot Spot, so that's a plus, and it has a bigger screen than the nano. However, the nano is quite cute too, so you can't lose there either!

I wouldn't go with the classic for the simple reason that it's got the, "so what?" factor going on. Other than a larger capacity, it doesn't offer anything over the other models. I'm assuming that you have a good collection of movies and music, so just be proficient at keeping up with your iTunes library, and the touch will be more than fine. :)

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I have an iPod touch, and its my night and day. I watch movies on it where ever I am, and its nice just to whip it out and look something up on the Internet. I've even Jailbroke it too, so all the iPhone apps and Games are a huge plus also. Personally, I think the Nano is too small. The iPod touch has one of those "Can I hold it" feelings around everyone, and so does the Nano. Unless you have a lot of movies and music, don't go with the Classic. I actually thought that it was the old 5.5 Gen iPod from a distance, and it looks common to me. That's my two cents, hope you can figure it out.:apple:

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Unless you watch a lot of movies I would say go with the nano. It's nice and small but with a beautiful screen. It also feels sturdier and like it could withstand more than a touch (so you don't have to worry about damaging the touch screen).

DOORSam32

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
i think it depends on what u will be doin. if you want videos- get the 80 g classic for two reasons

Memory and Screen size

but if u want songs- then nano is the best so u dont end up paying lots of $ for videos that u wont use

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I am pretty sure the OP is out buying his Pod now, but I will throw in my two cents.

If you have more than 8GB of movies and 4GB of music and you want to take them all with you then go with the Classic. I was stuck on the 16GB Touch and the 80GB Classic and decided that I want everything with me, everything in my library so I don't have to worry about syncing this and that. I then decided on the 160GB Classic and love it. It's been the best purchase decision I made (bought my GF an iMac for her b-day and she gave me my first full sized iPod :D )

The Classic is just as the name implies... very classic, but with a glossed over interface. The UI isn't as streamlined as the Zune's but it is a relief from the out dated on it replaced. And it add some navigation features that make it a bit easier to control music, games, movies, and settings, with the click wheel and without having to go all the way to the first menu.

If you are choosing between the Touch and the Nano and have the money for the Touch then get the Touch. You get the best of everything the Nano has except for size, and if the size isn't a real issue than the Touch is a better choice. I can tell you that having an iPod may make you search the iTS for more content, so make sure you get enough room to grow for a few years. Right now my Pod is only half full, 7GB of music, 67GB movies, 1.5GB other and I know I will be adding more junk to it and using it as an external disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.