Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
I know this has been discussed somewhere but i was unable to find an answer using"search" I recently bought a usb 2.0 pci card from belkin model:F5U220.On the box it states it is compatible with OSX.However it come with noi drivers and there are no drivers on there site.My question is do i need drivers to use 2.0 under OSX 10.2.6.Or is there already support for usb 2.0?If so where can i find stable drivers for this card?Also is there any company that makes a card that doesnt need any drivers,and possible "built for mac"?

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
I havent tried yet because i can still return it if its gonna be a pain in the @ss to get to work

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Another reason i forgot to mention why i havent tried putting the card in is...With PC's when you are installing anything usb you always load drivers first then install the hardware.I dont know very much about OSX so i cant say its the same way,but im guessing it is.

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Wow i guess not many people have usb 2.0 scanners,or usb 2.0 CF readers?I dont know about you,but when your copying a 1GB microdrive over to your PC/MAC usb 1.1 just doesnt cut it.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by 486macuser
Wow i guess not many people have usb 2.0 scanners,or usb 2.0 CF readers?I dont know about you,but when your copying a 1GB microdrive over to your PC/MAC usb 1.1 just doesnt cut it.
I use a firewire based CF reader. With that, there is no need for a USB 2.0 CF reader.

GraphicUmp

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2002
Mid Atlantic
Your USB 2.0 PCI card will work fine in OS X without drivers - just at the 1.1 standard.

However, for USB 2.0 compatibility, you need this driver: USB 2.0

It's an industry-standard driver - all USB 2.0 PCI cards use the same driver under OS X 10.2.x

486macuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
thank you very much Bear!I finally got ahold of a tech @ belkin and they told me to use OrangeMicro's USB 2.0 driver,so atleast i dont have to return the card and order orangemicro's online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.