Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanflucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
Which versions of iLife & iWork will run on my PowerMac G4? I know the seperate applications have different requirements but I am looking for as complete of an install as possible and I don't mind older versions.

My setup:

PowerMac G4 Sawtooth (450mhz)
1GB PC-133 Ram
27GB Hard Disk + 75GB Hard Disk
16MB AGP ATI Video Card
DVD-ROM Drive & Zip Drive
Mac OS 10.4.10 (with all current updates)

Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).

I realize this is old but its a nice cheap upgrade to the G3 Yosemite I was using. It will do just fine until people start flooding Ebay with their Mac's that can't run Leopard. ;-)

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Which versions of iLife & iWork will run on my PowerMac G4? I know the seperate applications have different requirements but I am looking for as complete of an install as possible and I don't mind older versions.

My setup:

PowerMac G4 Sawtooth (450mhz)
1GB PC-133 Ram
27GB Hard Disk + 75GB Hard Disk
16MB AGP ATI Video Card
DVD-ROM Drive & Zip Drive
Mac OS 10.4.10 (with all current updates)

Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).

I realize this is old but its a nice cheap upgrade to the G3 Yosemite I was using. It will do just fine until people start flooding Ebay with their Mac's that can't run Leopard. ;-)

with those specs.. i would stick with iLife 06 .. not iLife 08 yet because you need processor and video card upgrades

9Charms

macrumors regular
May 19, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).QUOTE]

I have my boot drive the zip slot. It's one of those seagates with the rubber around the outside, so it doesn't slide around. Fits quite nicely. The other 4 hard drive slots are filled with 500 GB drives in a RAID 5 configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.