Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:18 PM   #1
ryanflucas
macrumors regular

iLife & iWork for my PowerMac G4?

Which versions of iLife & iWork will run on my PowerMac G4? I know the seperate applications have different requirements but I am looking for as complete of an install as possible and I don't mind older versions.

My setup:

PowerMac G4 Sawtooth (450mhz)
1GB PC-133 Ram
27GB Hard Disk + 75GB Hard Disk
16MB AGP ATI Video Card
DVD-ROM Drive & Zip Drive
Mac OS 10.4.10 (with all current updates)

Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).

I realize this is old but its a nice cheap upgrade to the G3 Yosemite I was using. It will do just fine until people start flooding Ebay with their Mac's that can't run Leopard. ;-)
ryanflucas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:24 PM   #2
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanflucas View Post
Which versions of iLife & iWork will run on my PowerMac G4? I know the seperate applications have different requirements but I am looking for as complete of an install as possible and I don't mind older versions.

My setup:

PowerMac G4 Sawtooth (450mhz)
1GB PC-133 Ram
27GB Hard Disk + 75GB Hard Disk
16MB AGP ATI Video Card
DVD-ROM Drive & Zip Drive
Mac OS 10.4.10 (with all current updates)

Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).

I realize this is old but its a nice cheap upgrade to the G3 Yosemite I was using. It will do just fine until people start flooding Ebay with their Mac's that can't run Leopard. ;-)

with those specs.. i would stick with iLife 06 .. not iLife 08 yet because you need processor and video card upgrades
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 01:48 AM   #3
9Charms
macrumors regular

[QUOTE=ryanflucas;4363941]Also, off topic, but is there anything else I can easily put in place of the Zip drive? Possibly a Flash Media Card reader? I plan on adding a superdrive so I can't really see myself needing the Zip drive (or the DVD-RAM drive that was in there).QUOTE]

I have my boot drive the zip slot. It's one of those seagates with the rubber around the outside, so it doesn't slide around. Fits quite nicely. The other 4 hard drive slots are filled with 500 GB drives in a RAID 5 configuration.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs