Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:27 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iFuntastic 4.6.1 with iPhone 1.1.1 Support

iPhoneAlley notes that iFuntastic 4.6.1 (download) has been released which provides easy jailbreak support for the 1.1.1 version of the iPhone.

Quote:
To jailbreak, you may either start from version 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. iFuntastic will perform the necessary steps and prompt you for any necessary actions. Once complete, you can enjoy the benefits of third party apps and an improved iPhone.
The Mac application also provides Ringtone support that allows you to crop and upload Ringtones.

Article Link
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:32 PM   #2
ventro
macrumors 6502a

Will this activate the phone too, if it is not already activated?
ventro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Bruce Patterson
macrumors member

So if I download this .app and I'm on an unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone, it will let me add ringtones and what else? Should I just leave it the way it is (working fine) or use this app to update my iPhone?????
Bruce Patterson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:22 AM   #4
howard3849
macrumors newbie

windows compatibility

i understand ifuntastic 4.6.1 is for osx. is there any similar program for the windows camp that can jailbreak the iphone as easily?
howard3849 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:24 AM   #5
sicilian890
macrumors newbie

For some reason apple and AT&T aren't activating iPhones right now. So now I have a inactivated iPhone until apple and AT&T decide that they want to start activating them again. Hopefully in the morning.
sicilian890 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:27 AM   #6
sicilian890
macrumors newbie

nm... now they want to do it.
sicilian890 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:39 AM   #7
Kaspers
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to Kaspers
Does this application also work with the iPod Touch ?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:33 AM   #8
bbthechange
macrumors newbie

Angry Activation

This program requires the iPhone to be re-activated, and "iPhone activations are down at this time." This means that since I ran this program, I have a [hopefully temporarily] bricked phone
Wait for a bit, people.
bbthechange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:41 AM   #9
JNunn
macrumors newbie

I went through the cumbersome process of unshackling my phone and ended up just restoring it back to the original. And now I'm stuck with the 'iPhone activations are unavailable at this time." message as well. Glad to hear other people are seeing this and it's not just me. Could it be from iFuntastic, or is this completely unrelated?
JNunn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:36 AM   #10
JNunn
macrumors newbie

After about an hour of waiting around, it finally activated. Guess it wasn't related to iFun after all. Thank goodness.
JNunn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:20 AM   #11
noservice2001
macrumors regular

bout 2 hours after switching from my ppc to my intel mbp, and then 2 dl's of firmware (1.1.1&1.0.2 onto the intel) and 42 steps... the phone moaned! and it was HOT!

and people, the thing about option means to hold the option key then click restore... i didn't read at first... the around step 8 or 13 or something it says to wait for the 1013 error and i didn't know what on earth it meant by "options" it was talking about....

awesome!
noservice2001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:23 AM   #12
saiajin
macrumors newbie

I got this rolling sucessfully...but I had to uninstall and reinstall all my apps...and I can't get rSBt ( in Customize) to work correctly even when uninstalling infuntastic support..anyone else have this problem? I hate the page method used in Ifun so tried the standard setting but it only gives me reorder control on the first page... any others having trouble with rSBT

Last edited by saiajin; Oct 23, 2007 at 10:29 AM.
saiajin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:09 AM   #13
comfortablynumb
macrumors newbie

yeah.. so far has been nothing but trouble for me also. it thinks my phone is running 1.0.2 when its actually 1.1.1. every time i try to unshackle it ends up with an error and i have to fully restore my phone in itunes. needless to say my 5 trial jailbreaks are gone and i'm not paying for full use. maybe the next version will be better(easier) for some reason im having deja vu
comfortablynumb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:55 AM   #14
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

i hear they'll get this working by february.

Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:30 AM   #15
scheming
macrumors member

Windows Version?

... is there a windows version of this or something similar that runs in windows in development or already released?
scheming is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:23 AM   #16
bmustaf
macrumors regular

Works GREAT. Downloaded and bought all the features -- have to say made the process very easy. Downgraded 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, unshackled, and upgraded again, all GUI prompting. Great ring tone support!

Well Done!
bmustaf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:01 PM   #17
jbellny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmustaf View Post
Works GREAT. Downloaded and bought all the features -- have to say made the process very easy. Downgraded 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, unshackled, and upgraded again, all GUI prompting. Great ring tone support!

Well Done!
Completely agree. Did exactly the same steps as you and it could not have gone more smoothly. Also, from that I can tell, it doesn't leave SSH installed/running after all the hacking is done; which is good for battery life.
jbellny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:09 PM   #18
howard3849
macrumors newbie

i have 1.1.1 pure, do i need to downgrade to 1.0.2 first before running iFuntastic, or can i just run iFuntastic and it will do all that for me? can someone pls clarify? thanks.
howard3849 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:09 PM   #19
jonmeadowbrook
macrumors newbie

ifuntastic worked great downgrading my phone and updating it jailbroken. Only problem is that i can't uninstall dock, Rsbt, and openSSH.

What i hate most though is that installer does not recognize that an update is available and is stuck at 2.63

Any ideas?
jonmeadowbrook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:17 PM   #20
JPyre
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to JPyre
Isn't iFuntastic notorious for bricking phones? Or was that my imagination?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 02:29 PM   #21
bigandtasty
macrumors regular

Mixed Results

This Sounds great that you can supposedly do so much with fewer steps with the new iFuntastic.

The program is now shareware which is fine, but after some reading over at iphone alley it seems like there are quite a few posts about problems during/after installation for a few people, not all.

http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1662

I really want to use this new version of iFuntastic as I am still running 1.0.1 and it sounds like if the install is successful it could be great, but at the same time I am hesitent as it seems it works great for some and for others it has been a nightmare.

Anyone think they may release another update in the near future that addresses some of the issues people have been having?

I wonder if there will be any problems with this version on friday when Leopard is let out of it's cage?

BigAndTasty
bigandtasty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:36 PM   #22
jbellny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard3849 View Post
i have 1.1.1 pure, do i need to downgrade to 1.0.2 first before running iFuntastic, or can i just run iFuntastic and it will do all that for me? can someone pls clarify? thanks.
Howard - iFuntastic will convert down to 1.02 for you. That's what I was at and it worked without any problem. Just be patient and make sure you read the prompts as iFuntastic goes through the process.
jbellny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 05:59 PM   #23
iSoulastro
macrumors newbie

I had used up all my trial tries as well, but I plop down the dough and bought all the features, once I did that, unshackling the phone was a snap, the ringtone feature doesn't work all that well compared to iToner, so I guess I'll be buying that too. I'll enjoy my unshackled phone until Apple rolls out 1.2.2 or something
iSoulastro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:47 AM   #24
zipper1022
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to zipper1022
what risks do i run into when doing this? i have a virgin iphone, got it the other day.... i feel like i should just enjoy it for what it is...

advice?, i want the other programs but i dont want to birck this baby

i never plan on changing my carrier, i love at&t so i dont need to unlock, i just want some cool apps
Panasonic DVX100B + Canon 60d
zipper1022 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:35 AM   #25
Takufu
macrumors newbie

How Long for the Reply?

Had the same problem....paid...but havent' gotten code yet....how long did it take for them to respond to you?....thanks
Takufu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion