Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Strait from the FEDEX Website!!!

Tracking number
xxxxxxxxxxx1287
Ship date
Oct 22, 2007
Estimated delivery
Oct 24, 2007

Purchase order number
xxxxxx5270
Invoice number
xxxxx3811
Destination
xxxxxx, xx
Service type
Home Delivery-Indirect Signature Required
Weight
1.0 lbs.

Status
Package data transmitted to FedEx

UPDATE: Tuesday @ 7:48 AM
We are still only "Package data transmitted to FedEx", so maybe some of you guys were right about Apple just sending out the info to FedEx.
I guess we will all see shortly, though!

UPDATE: Tuesday @ 9:00 AM
FedEx Tracking Information Updated!
Oct 23, 2007 4:46 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA

UPDATE: Tuesday @ 7:46 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates earlier today...
Leopard is definitely on it's way!

Oct 23, 2007 8:22 AM
Departed FedEx location
SACRAMENTO, CA

Oct 23, 2007 4:48 PM
Arrived at Destination FedEx location
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

UPDATE: Wednesday @ 9:54 AM
Oct 24, 2007 8:19 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

UPDATE: Wednesday @ 3:20 PM
DELIVERED!!!

Yes, I have leopard in my hands right now!
And just in case there are any doubters around and since there is no way that Apple can stop my shipment now, here is the full tracking number for all of you.

Fedex: 729445711481287

I wuv you all, however I will be kinda offline for the next hour or so while I get my new toy installed!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Status

Exciting. But realistically until the status is updated to reflect that FedEx has actually picked up the package, your item has not shipped. As of now, your delivery date is subject to change.

Can't wait for Friday (or Thursday, whatever).

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
You're going to have it 2 days early. You are freakin' awesome. I envy you.

Unfortunately it should still arrive Friday. This has come up on past releases, FedEx will indeed hold it til Friday but the system "predicts" based on when FedEX receives it or is suppose to receive it.

However as suggested elsewhere, you may be able to arrange an early pick-up.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Where? Wednesday Delivery Is Not A Shipping Screw Up • Tiger Was Also Delivered Early

Strait from the FEDEX Website!!!

Tracking number
xxxxxxxxxxx1287
Ship date
Oct 22, 2007
Estimated delivery
Oct 24, 2007

Purchase order number
xxxxxx5270
Invoice number
xxxxx3811
Destination
xxxxxx, xx
Service type
Home Delivery-Indirect Signature Required
Weight
1.0 lbs.

Status
Where are you? Why did you X-out your city and state?
Yep! Thank god for shipping screw-ups!
That's not a shipping screwup. Tiger was also delivered Wednesdays and Thursdays before the Friday premiere.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Mine just says prepared for shipment and it says it is shipping Priority Overnight so I assume it will not be shipping until the 25th. I have to leave on the 25th as well, so I won't even get a chance to install it until Sunday night.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Mine says "Not yet shipped". I suspect this has to do with the fact that I am in Nevada and the package is coming from California. Apple's system probably tries to ship it on the perfect day so it arrives exactly on the 26th. This won't work every time but I suspect this is why my order is not in "prepared" status yet. Fedex usually takes 2 days to deliver my Apple packages to me so if it ships tomorrow or Wednesday I'll get it early by 1 day or exactly on the 26th. Either way I can hardly wait!

schreck

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2007
New England
Hmm...mine only says "delivers Oct. 26" and when I go to "more details" there is absolutely nothing relating to shipping..hmm

dang

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Please keep us informed

I remember receiving Panther on the Wednesday before the release date. Do let us know when you receive it, and fill us in on any unannounced features.

Cheers....

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
All this means is that they have put your copy of Leopard into a cardboard box and generated a FedEX airbill/shipping label. With all of the hundred's/thousand's of orders that they have to prepare for shipment this is not unusual. You'll see your copy of Leopard on Friday.

weaverra

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
Status

All this means is that they sent the information to Fedex. Until it says picked up for by Fedex then I wouldn't get my hopes too high. I think anyone can do this if you have a Fedex account and the internet at home.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Leopard Shipping

All this means is that they have put your copy of Leopard into a cardboard box and generated a FedEX airbill/shipping label. With all of the hundred's/thousand's of orders that they have to prepare for shipment this is not unusual. You'll see your copy of Leopard on Friday.

In all likelihood, the shipments will arrive a day or two early. This is done to avoid the possibility of an unavoidable delay due to a storm, power outage, wildfire, attack, etc.....

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Mine says "Not yet shipped". I suspect this has to do with the fact that I am in Nevada and the package is coming from California. Apple's system probably tries to ship it on the perfect day so it arrives exactly on the 26th. This won't work every time but I suspect this is why my order is not in "prepared" status yet. Fedex usually takes 2 days to deliver my Apple packages to me so if it ships tomorrow or Wednesday I'll get it early by 1 day or exactly on the 26th. Either way I can hardly wait!

I am in Nevada, and mine is set to :

Prepared for Shipment

Product Qty. 1
MAC OS X 10.5 RETAIL-INT
Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.