Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:30 AM   #1
LaurenRushton
macrumors newbie

Mac HD icon on desktop - how do I put back in correct location

Sorry I'm no computer legend but with so many members of my family using things happen.
Just recently the Macintosh HD icon appears on my desktop - how do I return it to its rightful location?
Thank you for your assistance
LaurenRushton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:33 AM   #2
Nermal

I'm not sure what you're asking, is it not "sticking" to the upper-right corner?
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 01:35 AM   #3
Peace
macrumors P6

Click on the finder preferences.It will look something like the attachment.You can show or hide hard drives on the desktop.The hard drive you see on your desktop is an icon and a link to the actual hard drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	finderprefs2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	88152  

Last edited by Peace; Oct 23, 2007 at 01:51 AM.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 07:00 AM   #4
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
is this what you mean lauren? the hard drive icon isnt at the top right of the desktop when youve got other icons or disks on your desktop. right click on the desktop and click show view options then tick "keep arranged by" then choose kind. this will put all the disks at the top right.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:26 PM   #5
LaurenRushton
macrumors newbie

Thank you all fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by richthomas View Post
is this what you mean lauren? the hard drive icon isnt at the top right of the desktop when youve got other icons or disks on your desktop. right click on the desktop and click show view options then tick "keep arranged by" then choose kind. this will put all the disks at the top right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Click on the finder preferences.It will look something like the attachment.You can show or hide hard drives on the desktop.The hard drive you see on your desktop is an icon and a link to the actual hard drive.

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; Oct 23, 2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts, please use the multiquote button to answer more than one post...
LaurenRushton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help