Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
Last time I changed a phone # on my iPhone and synced it to my mac, it told me I was going to change more than 5% of the contacts or something like that. I then clicked ok and I lost my entire address book. (Luckily I backed it up). I entered a few new numbers in my phone today and I want to sync it back to my computer. Is there any way not to lose my address book again? Shouldnt it just update the address book on my mac from my phone and not delete everything again?

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
Last time I changed a phone # on my iPhone and synced it to my mac, it told me I was going to change more than 5% of the contacts or something like that. I then clicked ok and I lost my entire address book. (Luckily I backed it up). I entered a few new numbers in my phone today and I want to sync it back to my computer. Is there any way not to lose my address book again? Shouldnt it just update the address book on my mac from my phone and not delete everything again?

i have never herd of this problem, i suggest backing up your add book again, then sync with the iPhone and see what happens, then you can always back up if it fails again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.