Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greendragon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
i have a couple of thousand bucks, been saving for something, but it feel through. so, instead of spending the $, why not invest in apple. heck, i just switched to a mac in june, why not support the company?

or, is the stock just way too much for a small invester? does apple stock split to be more affordable?

thanks

hope i posted in the right spot

pianoman181

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
It's not going to split. Now's an okay time to buy, projections are being raised, some as high as $220/share. Should've bought in back in June when you switched as it was about $110 a share or thereabouts. If you are in it for the long haul, chances are you can't go wrong. If you want a quick in and out, it may or may not be a good decision, simply due to market fluctuations and the fact that some argue the stock is overvalued.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The decision to split the shares is entirely up to the board of directors, and we don't know what they are thinking. The bottom line is that splits don't make any difference to investors -- 100 shares at the current price is exactly the same value as 200 shares at half the current price.

Don't let anyone tell you that any stock market investment is a sure thing. Obviously Apple is looking very good right now, and the stock valuation reflects that sentiment. But the markets are very nervous these days about underlying economic issues and AAPL is hardly immune from broad selloffs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.