Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Claytoniss
macrumors regular

stuffit 11

anyone having any issues with using this. Lately it hasn't seemed to be working on my machines. It keeps shutting down before the stuff (.sitx) is complete. I am running mp and 2 g5ppc. Same issues on most of them.
Claytoniss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Sitx files are the most unreliable files I can think of to send out... unless you're sending them to someone who is using OS9 and even then .sit is much more reliable.

If I have to email or FTP some large files, I either zip them preserving the resource-forks, or if I know they're going to a Mac OS X user, I make a compressed disk image of the project folder by dragging the folder onto the Disk Utility icon in my dock. Disk images preserve everything just so, including fonts and their resource forks.

Last edited by Blue Velvet; Oct 24, 2007 at 11:25 AM.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:06 AM   #3
samh004
macrumors 68020

I was using Stuffit 11 up until about a week ago and was having no issues, however Stuffit 12 has been released now and that's working just as well, maybe it's time to upgrade...
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Claytoniss
macrumors regular

Never thought of using disk image. Good to know, I think I will just scratch stuffit from now on. I know none of our printers use anything but the latest upgrades..,etc. Disk image it is. Velvet you rock!
Claytoniss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:28 AM   #5
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoniss View Post
Velvet you rock!

Put Disk Image utility in your dock, and if you're using Tiger upwards, drag a folder onto it and the Save dialogue box and compressed option are automatically opened and selected. Easy as pie...
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics