Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
No spoilers from people who have played this game yet :p

Put a pre-order on last night with powerplaydirect, £27.50 with shipping which is a bit of a nice deal! Can't wait either. Them videos on the preview channel just look awesome.

Any other PAL region folk planning on getting this tomorrow?

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
My birthday is very soon, so i'm waiting on all my goodies for then.

That means Leopard, MP3...

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2006
Is it worth to buy this game if you didnt like the first Metroid for gamecube, I didnt try the other one. Or is super paper mario better to buy..

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Is it worth to buy this game if you didnt like the first Metroid for gamecube, I didnt try the other one. Or is super paper mario better to buy..

If you really didn't like the first then I would probably avoid. Despite being a great game if it's not your thing then it simply is not your thing...

I've often bought games simply because everyone says how great they are!! MetalGear games for example, and yet I just dont enjoy them.

Paper Mario is a great little game too, so it's probably a safer buy in your circumstances.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Ooo well I got it from town today. Checked the status of my order in an Apple store (thanks iPod Touch!) and it was still on backorder. No email from the company or anything. I picked it up for £34.99 in Gamestation.

spent about 25 minutes on it so far and it's a bit good. Seems like Prime 1 has yet again got the better intro. Not keen on all this cut scene tomfoolery or the "radio" bits. Controls are great too, by far the best first person controls on a console. IMO Metroid Prime games are best in the middle and the very end. So at least it doesn't seem to deviate too far from the essence of the game.

Not bowled away yet, feels more like Prime 2 which is definitely not a bad thing.

Really like the voucher part of it. With the names popping up on the Friends List thing. I was expecting to enter game codes in :p

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
10% in now.

I'm liking it. But they should have replaced Halo 3 with this. A little too linear for me, but the story's quite good so far. Obviously it's no Half Life 2, but the cutscenes and stuff happening during the game are great. Seeing that meteor come down in the distance and having Mr. Ridley in that rolling ball section was a brilliant touch.

Can't help the Metroid universe feels a little full right now. Give me desolation, dammit!

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
It gets better further in, but it's still very directed versus the first Prime. They simplified some areas, but it didn't take away from the game too much -- still quite enjoyable overall. :)

<]=)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.