Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CommonMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Midwest
I put a bunch of movies/videos in my iTunes. However, the videos could not be seen on my iPod

By a fluke I discovered I could "right click" on the icon for a movie (in iTunes) and have the option to "convert for iPod" or something like that.

I converted some of the videos/movies and took FOREVER! I noticed that the "conversion icon" (the orange circle with a wave inside) is not oscillating but the bar was moving ever so slowly (or not at all).

What's up with this? Usually this G4 is pretty fast at processing stuff.

The movie I purchased from iTunes plays great on the iPod. However, the other music videos that I "converted" are there on the ipod and play visually very well.
BUT THERE IS NO SOUND!

Can anyone tell me why? And can anyone comment on music videos in general, the conversion process, so on and so forth?

xkRoWx

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Canada
You need a third party program, like the Videora video converter.

The iTunes included converter sucks. It almost always block out the audio.

PS: all converter takes ages to convert videos. the ratio is almost 1:1. meaning 1 hour movie will take 1 hour to convert. lol.

fabianjj

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2007
I think i also got this problem, but I erased the original videos that i converted with itunes:( guess I've got to reripp them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.